Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Mix Community Newsletter - February 2020!

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Thanks for being patient on the next installment of the Community Newsletter, everyone!

Thanks to our newsletter team who beaver away in the background putting these together, and for bearing with us when we had some delays on the staff side of things recently. :)

Mike & the team :star:
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Can I be involved with the next newsletter please?
    edited February 2020
    Riddle answer is Christmas lights
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    GreenTea said:
    Yup!

Drop us a PM if you want to contribute to the newsletter @GreenTea. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    @GreenTea Do you want me to add you to the newsletter crew? We work behind the scenes in a group PM thing.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    I did ask to be added to it months ago and never was lol
    Just a heads up that only staff should add people to project groups @Kasa2103. :)

@GreenTea we will get back to you about this - bear with!
    I mean I did pm earlier today..or yesterday. Can't remember, all days are merging into one 🤷🤷
    Mike said:
    Just a heads up that only staff should add people to project groups @Kasa2103. :)

@GreenTea we will get back to you about this - bear with!
    Sorry. I didn't realise.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Is this something I could be a part of as well @Mike
    Alis propriis volat 
    Totally @MountainPeak. :) Drop @The Mix a PM and we can talk it through.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'd love to get involved too if there's space :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    I would like to be involved too xx
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea said:
    I've asked before but could the answers be in spolier please. 

Also would like to be involved but don't matter if got enough
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I don't remember seeing it be requested before. Maybe thats something that needs to be included in the newsletter
    GreenTea said:
    I don't remember seeing it be requested before. Maybe thats something that needs to be included in the newsletter
    I would thought it was just considerate/Not need to be said
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Well I can't change it now. I posted it a month ago. 
    edited April 2020
    Yeah. Just saying it for future reference
    @The Mix can you just delete my post with the answer. Thanks. 
    edited April 2020
    GreenTea said:
    @The Mix can you just delete my post with the answer. Thanks. 

I didn't say delete the post. IM just asking if could answers be put in spoilers. Im a bit late for this one cause don't look at pinned threads as much and miss them out and would like to read the riddle without being spolied that is all. 
    And i was hoping your reply would just be like "okay. I'll remember for next time ". That's all. Not a big deal
    Kasa2103 said:
    @GreenTea Do you want me to add you to the newsletter crew? We work behind the scenes in a group PM thing.
    When did this happen? 
    They've had a PM for months for the newsletter. Only mods can add users tho. I got added a few weeks ag
    edited April 2020
    I wanna join🙃
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    @The Mix Can you add @Shaunie to the PM please? :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Maybe we should go back to doing forms to be involved in the newsletter!
    We are busy cooking up another amazing edition of the community newsletter. Please send a pm to @The Mix or tag @The Mix on here if you would like to contribute something. 
    It's Easter weekend so probably won't be added yet so it's better to PM them so they can see the messages when activate
    @Laine and @dancertori
    Hey guys, I remember you saying you were interested in helping create the newsletter, if this is still the case, feel free to PM @The Mix about it!
    We would love to have more people involved in creating the newsl
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Ah ace thanks I'll get in touch :s 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld