Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

All things Netflix (and recommendations too )

Comments

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Atypical! 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Really enjoying Top Boy atm
    Weekender Offender 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Eli
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    A doctumetary called Tell me who i am.  Obviously al facts with the people explaining it. It is very very sad but also interesting. 

This isnt the spolier this is just basic fact that they say at the start ; Its about twins, one lost their memory and couldnt remember anything, only his twin. And it get really interesting and really sad 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Seven Worlds, One Planet on BBC iPlayer! Did anyone else watch it? 

I'm so happy the baby bird got back in the nest!

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Aife said:
    Seven Worlds, One Planet on BBC iPlayer! Did anyone else watch it? 

I'm so happy the baby bird got back in the nest!

Haven't watched that yet but sounds amazing. I can understand that you would be happy about the baby bird. So would I.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Geralds game. I like stephen king films
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    @Jade09 I've just started watching Atypical! Enjoying it so far  =)
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Currently watching noughts and crosses on the iplayer. Episode 3 left me with my heart in my mouth.

As soon as I saw the trailer for the series I knew that that I was going to watch it. The twist on the series was very smart of the directors to do.  The attention to detail really blew me away. I've never seen anything like it from a BBC production. I must admit though I did think that the series was going to take an Afro-futuristic approach just like black panther did but it was still good nevertheless.

I watched the first episode with my SO and we're coincidentally in an interracial relationship. I can definitely identify with some of the struggles shown. I might sneak an episode before I head of to do some research 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Pretty Little Liars :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    That's a classic, love it! @BubblesGoesBoo
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Eagerly waiting for killing Eve! 
    Me too @Salix_alba_2019! What's everyone else been watching on Netflix recently? I'm looking for a new show to watch but can't find anything yet!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aife said:
    Me too @Salix_alba_2019! What's everyone else been watching on Netflix recently? I'm looking for a new show to watch but can't find anything yet!

Tiger king :relaxed:
    @Aife snap!

Are you going to binge watch it do an episode every day? If so we're doing it together lol
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Just watched sex education, which is good. But got to love the classics like Merlin, Vampire diaries and Teen wolf 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    GreenTea said:
    Aife said:

Tiger king :relaxed:

I've heard lots of people talking about Tiger King, I'll give it a watch!

@Aife snap!

Are you going to binge watch it do an episode every day? If so we're doing it together lol

I'll try and do an episode a day I think! Can't wait for it!
    You could just re watch Gilmore girls 
    I think tiger king is over rated and barely watch it
    Cold case files.

Don't even know why I out it on, but it's interesting.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    edited April 2020
    PLL has been taken off Netflix :cry:  guess that's something else I need to add to my payday shopping list.... How could they? During lockdown as well :(
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Dead to me
    I like finding something new to watch but then i stay up all night not knowing when to stop
  • jazzyjellybeanjazzyjellybean Posts: 2 Newbie
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Hann" title="Link: /profile/Hann">Hann</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">There's only really one TV series I've watched fully on Netflix and that's Once Upon A Time. I found it was quite great, however it does get boring at times.

I've watched a few episodes of Rick and Morty, and watched a few comedy shows and films :)</div>
    </blockquote>
    Um I like shows like black mirror and I think that rupauls drag race is amazing too because it’s so inspirational for LGBT people everywhere and I’d really recommend it!! 😊
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Dandelion said:
    Just watched sex education, which is good. But got to love the classics like Merlin, Vampire diaries and Teen wolf 
    I love Sex Education @Dandelion, I can’t wait for season 3.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    For anyone who likes a thriller, The Stranger on netflix is really really good. I’ve just finished watching it with my parents and we all loved it.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2020
    I recently fed my David Tennant craving with 'Deadwater Fell' on All4. A crime drama/thriller that makes for an interesting and tense watch, but the story is basic enough to be easy viewing.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Night At The Museum 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    When they see us.

Based on a true story. 
    Queen of the south