Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Intrusive thoughts? Or not? (Possible TW)

HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
First off I would like to say I havnt been diagnosed with Intrusive thoughts but I don't know what else it could be. 

Now onto my issue, I have just lay down in bed and planned to blow up my whole school and kill my friends and how much I "hate all of them and how they're not real friends" however it seems like intrusive thoughts again and I hope it is. However I'm not scared of the thoughts or concerned about them. Should I be worried about that? Is it normal? Is there something else wrong with me, I justdont know what to think and this isn't the first time it's happened. One of my old friends before they moved school used to have the same thing and we would sit down together in lessons and talk about them and the plans and stuff. But I get that it isn't normal to do that and my other friends all got concerned about me.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what to this and I'm scared that those thoughts aren't scaring me. 

Comments

• ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    Intrusive thoughts are perfectly normal. My doctor calmed me down by saying that the brain has a safety on it that prevents you from acting out on the really bad ones. I almost did and I wasn't concerned about what would happen to the other person, but that I would get in trouble.

She said these kind of thoughts are normal and just a way for your brain to work through some stuff. What might help to minimise them is to think about why you feel that maybe your friends aren't real friends. And analyse the thoughts and see why you feel like that.

There's nothin wrong with you but I know it's a bit scary when the thoughs don't make you feel concerned.
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Pigeons has written some very good advice, also this might seem odd but when i write stories i get less of those thoughts. Ill change everyones names and the setting in my writing and add more fantasy and turn all of my thoughts into a plot. Sometimes I even post fanfics with horror themes based of those intrusive thoughts. Perhaps it’s something you could try? you don’t have to share your writing if you don’t want to. 

Remember, it’s normal to have strange or even violent thoughts, take a deep breath and remember that you wouldn’t act on them because you are a good person. Your thoughts don’t make you bad. 

https://youtu.be/L7u5N2MfTNU This is a clip from headspace that explains those thoughts really well, I hope it helps you :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy! 

Intrustive thoughts are actually pretty normal. Even like you ones you have. Like in my mental health awareness corse we learnt about intrusive thoughts. And things like having thoughts of "wha would happen if i just jumped in front of that road" or " if i just pulled a knife out infront of someone". In that lesson we learnt its away our brain is testing us with these thoughts

it is when these thoughts control us and become apart of our everyday life that makes it very harmful jusy to how you feel not just that you may act on it. Knowing that these thoughts can happen can be a real help though. Sometimes you say to yourself "that is my unhelpful thought coming again" and you actknowldge it but you dont gie it much power. The more energy you give it, by like thinking omg i shouldnt be thinking about this and then start planing it more just because you shouldnt be thinking about it. The more it becomes out of control. Its hard to find a balance, its like being mindful of what youre thinking and letting the thoughts come and go. 
    Has anything helped in the past? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley