Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Get crafty!

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Hello all,

I'm feeling very adventurous with arts and crafts at the moment but I'm running out of fun ideas!
I've done sewing, made place mats and coasters out of lollipop sticks, trying to find some items to upcycle etc

Does anyone have any fun arts and craft projects on the go?
What do you enjoy most about arts and crafts?

Comments

• ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    That's all very creative! I'm a bit scared to do arts and crafts because I'm a perfectionist.

I'm trying to make my own clothes for the summer. What did you sew?
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Heya! I was sewing random patterns into cloth and realised I have no skill haha. 
    Make your own clothes sounds fun! How do you go about that?
    Haha yeah I'm a bit nervous to use the sewing machine, only sew by hand now (fixingh holes etc)

I think I try to recreate a skirt I have, it's basically a piece of fabric with 2 buttons on it so it shouldn't be too difficult I hope xd

Did you find a new project to do?

Oh cool, it's looking very nice!
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @GreenTea

Great thread! I'm not very creative but I like upcycling things so I've been trying to revamp old clothes or find a new purpose (eg as a cleaning cloth). I started quite basic so like adding elastic bands to skirts that are too big or old clean shoe laces in to the waist band of leggings that have stretched out. 

I want to start making some scrunchies with bands and old shirts but need to figure out the sewing machine =)
    mags98 said:
    Hi @GreenTea

Great thread! I'm not very creative but I like upcycling things so I've been trying to revamp old clothes or find a new purpose (eg as a cleaning cloth). I started quite basic so like adding elastic bands to skirts that are too big or old clean shoe laces in to the waist band of leggings that have stretched out. 

I want to start making some scrunchies with bands and old shirts but need to figure out the sewing machine =)

I've always wanted to do some upcycling!
    You are so creative and fun!
    Sorry haven't replied didn't get a notification hahaha