Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Applied for a job overseas and I'm really hoping to qualify for an interview at least!
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    It's been nice to see some lectures taking part in promoting STEM. Really excited to see where my degree takes me.

Feling super motivated and greatful have had such wonderful people around me and my immediate network successfull women. I truely am greatful to have found these friendships. There's not a single place that I've been where I have found special humans. 
  • Options

My books came! Atleast if I end up in isolation with this damn virus, I won't get bored!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    I really should stop bargin hunting in b&m but i cant help it lol. B&M have an app where if you scan some of their things they come up cheaper and will do on the til aswell.  
    So i scanned a teddy bear fitted sheet thats for King pink. Cause i love this colour. And it shows £5 so im like ong. I need it 😂i have a single bed 😂 I've still brought it anyway. But it's okay I'll make it work haha I'll cut it lol. If not then two pillow cases for £5 is good. 

Then this is what the app said when I scanned the barcode says 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    Got an ice-cream today
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    My heart melted into a puddle today (not literally but something adorable happened.) I was on the bus and I saw a little toddler sitting in a buggy near where I was. We played peekaboo. He was covering his face with his magazine and then uncovering it. I did the same but with my hands.  We were in fits of laughter.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Had such a lovely evening with my housemates
  • Options
    I survived up to my 14th birthday.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    @The Mix
    Whoever is behind your Instagram account today has made my day, honestly. 
  • Options
    ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    Thankyou for saying so @GreenTea . I've passed on your message, good stuff! :)
  • Options
    Going to get £92 from universal credit. Thought I'd get nothing. Will help a lot
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Yesterday someone in the shop asked if me and my sister are twins. And then we saiid yeah And he said " i thought i was seeing double"
     it is proper weird cause some people can tell we are twin striaght away. Yet we don't even have the same hair colour. 
    It is good news because my sister is so pretty so it's always a compliment cause j think i look ugly compared to her
  • Options
    @Shaunie awww that's cute!

My twin sister and I are non identical but we used to look a lot like each other when we were small. I do wish that we looked a tiny bit more similar but it's always funny to see people's reaction when I tell them. Most of time I forget that I'm a twin lol

Are you and your sister identical? 
  • Options
    edited March 2020

My twin sister and I are non identical but we used to look a lot like each other when we were small. I do wish that we looked a tiny bit more similar but it's always funny to see people's reaction when I tell them. Most of time I forget that I'm a twin lol

Lol same!  Do you not look a like at all now? We are non identical too so always makes it even weird when people think we are identical. But then i don’t know if its cause we see each other everyday you see every different detail and when people just like first see you they see just the sinilar parts
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Managed to a set of stomach crunches and some planks this morning :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I got dressed and went outside for literally the first time in almost two months. Since early February I've just been sitting inside all day in my nightgown. I struggle with motivating myself to do anything because I don't have any interest or enjoyment, or see any purpose, and this year I've been really anxious about my health and have irrational fears that activity will aggravate the symptoms I'm worried about - so when I got a cold last month I just lost all habit I still had. And today's the first day I've changed into day clothes and sat outside instead of the house for a little while.

I didn't just randomly summon the will though, I only did it because my gran wanted me to play a game in the garden with her and I didn't want to disappoint her :joy:
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Manage to get out the house for more than a 5 minute walk with Louie today .... a field with no one around so he can have a run around 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    IM kinda like dating someone called Lee but feel like I'm a bit ugly for him. And no for once i don't mean I'm gunna go round his to have sex and then ignore him 😂😂😂 notMy intentions for once lol.  I have actually been replying to someone continulosly.  have been speaking for awhile. Only meet up once & Cant meet up atm for obvs reasons. He's kinda Abit to forward lol. But he gave me his Disyney plus to use. 👍  and going to meet up after all this shitt has died down. My replies are really slow compared to his but he's nice
  • Options
    I managed to choreograph a dance solo without any help (except with some inspiration from the senior dance squad at the performing arts thing I went to before it had to temporarily close.) And I did the pirouette part without falling or feeling dizzy whilst showing my dad.

Here is the song that I am doing a dance to:
    https://youtu.be/TUq4F95e4HE

It is all just for fun because of not being able to go out anywhere except to the shops and to school  (on school days.)
  • Options
    Universal credit is going up apperently
  • Options
     My sunflowers are growing so well 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:

Lol same!  Do you not look a like at all now? We are non identical too so always makes it even weird when people think we are identical. But then i don’t know if its cause we see each other everyday you see every different detail and when people just like first see you they see just the sinilar parts
    Hey sorry I missed this

My twin and I look nothing alike now, I kinda do wish that we did though. My sister is a lot taller as well lol
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    My plants have been alive for months, apparently I can't kill cacti or succulents :joy:
    yayyyyyyy woo  woooo!
  • Options
    I feel like we need a plant thread.. ima make one
  • Options
    Starting on drinks. Getting drunk today with family cause nothing else to do 
  • Options
    Made some paper bunnies for Easter but I feel they look more like kangaroos. Oh well I tried! Haha
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Cacti and succulents are by far the easiest plants to keep in my experience! Althoguh I managed to kill a couple of cacti after I repotted them, apparently quite badly...

Just got back from a much needed week off and now feeling nice and recharged. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Jayne Hardy (the founder and ceo of the blurt foundation) mentioned me in her IG story 😄🤗 💖 (am I allowed to say this? She mentioned about 5 people...) I've been doing her 365 days of self care book and (I think) she's been following my posts 😄
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Slept for 11 hours and boy do I feel good!
  • Options
    Didn't pay for my prescription for the first time!