Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #138

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey folks, so for the next two weeks the challenge is 'stepping out of our comfort zone'

This could be anything that normally wouldn't have done :smile:

Feel free to share in this thread what you've been up too :heart: 

Also feel free to vote for the next weekly challenge 

Stay safe everyone and take good care :star:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge #138 6 votes

Share positive things from your day
66% 4 votes
De-clutter challenge
33% 2 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    COVID themes below in case anyone would rather avoid. :)
    I've been trying to relax my mind a bit this week. Been getting a little too excessive with things like hand washing, and it's been really irritating my hands and been a lot to think about. Might not sound like much but actually reeling in that anxiety a bit and giving myself permission to relax more has taken me out of my comfort zone this week, but I feel better for it.

Also been spending a bit more time with my family at home, and connecting with family I wouldn't usually chat to over the phone. It's actually been really nice, and the vibe at home has been awesome since this lockdown started (weirdly!). Not sure if it'll last but it's nice at the moment, and I'm glad I've leaned into it where I usually might not - I tend to keep to myself a bit more. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    I stepped out of my comfort-zone this week by advocating for my mental health! 

A therapist comes into college once a week and she works with me on trauma but because college is closed now, I haven't been able to see her which was quite distressing especially since we hadn't worked towards an ending yet.

So, after a few days of wallowing in self-pity, I decided to pick myself up and contact the college and ask if I could complete my therapy over the phone because I thought it would be more damaging than beneficial just to leave it and they said yes!

Now I'm receiving therapy again which I wouldn't have if I didn't speak up for myself and my concerns!  
    Alis propriis volat 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    I stepped out of my comfort-zone this week by advocating for my mental health! 

A therapist comes into college once a week and she works with me on trauma but because college is closed now, I haven't been able to see her which was quite distressing especially since we hadn't worked towards an ending yet.

So, after a few days of wallowing in self-pity, I decided to pick myself up and contact the college and ask if I could complete my therapy over the phone because I thought it would be more damaging than beneficial just to leave it and they said yes!

Now I'm receiving therapy again which I wouldn't have if I didn't speak up for myself and my concerns!

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,783 Master Poster
    Yesterday I actually sent an email to my mentor. I kept on thinking about sending it this week but then anxiety took over. Then yesterday I sent it and even got a reply. Now me and my mentor have been having a conversation about confidence over email.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous