Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

1-2-1 chat

AngrySocialDolphinAngrySocialDolphin Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Has anyone else had problems starting the online chat? I’ve tried on different devices and have only got though once. It brings up the chat box but doesn’t do anything so feels Moreno like a glitch than a queue

thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    I had one last week and it was fine on my ipad though not sure about other divices x did u try from 4-11 pm?
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2019
    Hiya @AngrySocialDolphin, and welcome to the community. :)

Unfortunately our 1-2-1 services had to close very last minute on Thursday, and we weren't able to announce it on our social media channels like we usually would. It was quite a unique situation and, usually, if The Mix needs to close any services you'll see an update on Twitter.

Everything is back to normal now and the 1-2-1 services are open 4pm-11pm. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    I've had the same problem this month. And now today it says I have to fill in my phone number when I clicked on the online chat.
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for flagging this @ThePigeons. :)

Our 1-2-1 services (like webchat) ask for details about you so the person you speak to has everything they might need. I know sometimes they offer to text you details of support services once the chat is over, for example, so you don't need to write things down. If you'd rather not give them your phone number though, you can enter a fake one and you should be able to get through.

If you're having trouble getting through at all, there's a possibility the service might be temporarily closed. It's rare but does happen sometimes (e.g. if there's a big technical issue). If you find it's a persistent problem or it seems to be just you experiencing it, drop info@themix.org.uk an email - that's a general email for The Mix and you should be able to get some answers. :)

Does that help?
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    @Mike I got through tonight, thankyou

But I got disconnected before I even could read the damn reason why.
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    We'll drop you a PM with some info @ThePigeons. :)
This discussion has been closed.