Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Anxiety attack first thing this morning, out in public. Brilliant.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    IM getting really stressed about this interview now. If anyone knows any standard questions asked at interviews please let me know. Or any ways you prepare for one
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Shaunie said:
    IM getting really stressed about this interview now. If anyone knows any standard questions asked at interviews please let me know. Or any ways you prepare for one
    Why do you think you'll be good for this job?
    what do you know about the company?
    what can you bring to the company?
    what are your strengths?
    Why do you want to work for us?

its normal to be stressed/anxious, and they should be able to put your mind at ease, do you have any questions for them? the interview is the perfect place to ask them, and it will show that you've put thought into the interview :) most importantly, just be yourself! <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Shaunie said:
    Why do you think you'll be good for this job?
    what do you know about the company?
    what can you bring to the company?
    what are your strengths?
    Why do you want to work for us?

its normal to be stressed/anxious, and they should be able to put your mind at ease, do you have any questions for them? the interview is the perfect place to ask them, and it will show that you've put thought into the interview :) most importantly, just be yourself! <3
    Thank you! The only question i can think of about asking them is if they enjoy their job but i already know the panel and know they do enjoy their job ah so i don’t know what to ask lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Shaunie that's a good questions to ask! I do a very different job, but some questions I asked were
    How many people are in the team?
    what hours will I be expected to work?
    can you tell me more about the responsibilities of the job?
    Are there opportunity's for progression in the job?
    What do you enjoy about the job? :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Had enough already
    @Shaunie that's a good questions to ask! I do a very different job, but some questions I asked were
    How many people are in the team?
    what hours will I be expected to work?
    can you tell me more about the responsibilities of the job?
    Are there opportunity's for progression in the job?
    What do you enjoy about the job? :)
    Thank you that's helpful. Will ask what they enjoy about the job!
    I just read my cover letter / supporting infor for that job and it literally sounds like its not for recovery college - cause its not it was for 121 with people with scuipherina and it so obvious ive used an old supporting letter so i don’t know how i got the interview for that but not for the one it was actually meant for 😂😂
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    @Shaunie did you got any feedback or reason why the interview at the other place didn't go through?

Also a tip, i usually google a bit about what they do and come up with some sort of question so that they can talk about themselves (like the 'what do you like about working here' one). It shows interest and people love talking about themselves. You could also say something like 'I've read that you do this and that, could you tell me more about that'. Again shows interest and that you made the effort to do some research about them.
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
    My interview has been postponed for obvious reasons 💩 said will get in contact within three weeks. Wanted to get it over and done with
    Looks like I'm never going to see my counsellor cause of this virus. Only offering phone calls or texts :'(
    Opened up Tonight about something that happened at university, and how recently his friends have targeted me. It was hard to talk about and I still blame myself.
    Currently trying to hold myself together to prove I'm stronger than I seem 
    I am a waste of blood and organs.
    Fucking done, honestly. Actually just Fucking done. Not like anyone actually fucking listens to me. 🙃
    How many times can you actually pick yourself back up and carry on after being constantly let down and hurt. 
    Cried too much I feel like I'm going to be sick. I'm so stressed and anxious and I can't cope with it. Help
    I am really lonely
    Shaunie said:
    I am really lonely

I'm here if you need a chat
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    I am really lonely

I'm here if you need a chat
    Thank you
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Can’t escape the virus talk anywhere I go :(
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Watched a really sad video
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Just heard a common painkiller being described as a 'sugar tablet' HAHAHAHAHA clearly never overdosed on them then.

TW! mentions od (not me or anyone just in general)

My swear word colouring book is missing and I am deeply upset. I need to colour out my frustration but have to colour a 'pretty' picture instead now. It's not the same. 🙄
    Update : mother bought me a new swear word colouring book! 😁😂
    Stress and anxiety is so so overwheming
    edited March 2020
    Coming up the a  yearly truama anniversary TW

Coming up the 4th year truama anniversary of where my ex raped me, sent me for a morning after pill, and still ending up pregnant.
    I dream about all this truama and I wake up sweating and crying. The next month is going to be so horrific and difficult because we had planned to remove my implant and allow myself to have a period with support so I could get use to it again because the truama was so truamarising I wasn't able to have periods. I'm really scared and anxious about the next month. Some of you might remember everything that happened during this event as I did come to chat and the boards to talk about it for a while. 
    I'm desperate for just some hugs and support at the moment
    EMDR therapy has been put on hold

^^^ kinda wish I could still see my counselor at university. She helped me a lot through this
    N won't leave me on my own cause of how suicidal I am... So we're getting drunk. 
    edited March 2020
    Wanna know what bpd is like? 2 hours ago I was suicidal and sat with a suicide method in front of me , now? I'm playing leap frog up the stairs with N 🙈😂😂

Really upset and disheartened
    Wanna know what bpd is like? 2 hours ago I was suicidal and sat with a suicide method in front of me , now? I'm playing leap frog up the stairs with N 🙈😂😂

I so wish BPD was like this with me. I feel like I'm just constantly On the verge of killing myseld. Ive Deffo got the wrong diagnosis
This discussion has been closed.