Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Alpha males

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone sum up what an alpha male is for me. I kind of know but what to see what other people would class as an alpha male. (I did do a search but to no avail)

Also can you become an alpha male or is it a characteristic your born with?

I know in the animal kingdom most females will go for the Alpha male because her young will stand a better chance of survival.

Question then for the girls: do you girls go for the Alpha type?

and do you associate the "bad boy" type as Alpha males?

(Not sure where this should have been posted, Relationship board seemed to be best place for it)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Being the highest ranked or most dominant individual of one's sex. Used of social animals: the alpha female of the wolf pack

That is dictionary definition of an alpha species.

The most important, the most respected. I think it is about confidence. The most confident male may be classed as the alpha male, although they may not be the strongest. Think it is a mix between strongest and most confident. Not sure though.
    I think its ocnfidence that attracts people, and, as I have said before, it always seems to be the players who have the confidence to pull. Nice people often are shy, so its those with experience- players, users- who pull as they know what theyre doing.

But I think goign for bad boys is a phase that passes when people mature and realise pulling a different guy every week aint gonan make for lasting love.
    well thanks to this thread i've found out why the girls at college some times call me alpha! But im no player at all. I've just got out a two year relationship and i like relationships, there's just so much more to them. The girls said it's because im funny confident and caring, christ this looks like a lonely hearts add! lol:p
    I wont let my head swell! :eek:
    So can someone become an Alpha male?

and do Alpha male types have more good Qualities then bad?