Home Health & Wellbeing
We are writing some music with the help of a professional band! Share some small positive stories from lockdown to contribute our song over on this thread!
Want to discuss Coronavirus/COVID-19? Head to the dedicated forum.

Recovery wins

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,498 Ultimate Poster
Recovery is a roller-coaster, we all know that, the mix has loads of places for support during recovery, but I think we need a place for our recovery wins too 😊 there are some good things and when I do something to better my recovery I feel proud, so here's somewhere we can celebrate together 😊
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
MikeSalix_alba_2019Jade09Lucy307ThePigeons

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,498 Ultimate Poster
    Like today, I just ate a salted caramel treat without checking the calories 💃
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    MikeHowDoYouTalkAboutItThePigeons
  • StephanieStephanie Posts: 615 Super Moderator
    This is a very lovely thread to start, thank you @BubblesGoesBoo :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" 

- Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

BubblesGoesBooMike
    Binned my pill stash, can I get a hell yeahh? 💃😂 It may look like a lot but I was on 3x a week dispense so really it's just tons of little boxes 🤷‍♀️

JordanElizabethHowDoYouTalkAboutIt_AJ_
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Carer/Craft Lover Posts: 2,639 Mega Poster
    Today I took 4 trains ( 2 there and 2 back ) to Liverpool and when my second train was cancelled on the way home I didn’t panic and stayed calm whilst I rang my dad to work out what to do next ! 
    “ I believe that you have the power to achieve whatever you put your mind too, You are living a life’s most people won’t  ever understand but that’s what will Be the root of all your determination and success. You have a soul full of love and kindness and I just know that despite all the hardship, a life’s of happiness awaits you and I’m very proud of you, just keep holding on” 
    JordanBubblesGoesBooElizabethHowDoYouTalkAboutItThePigeons
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 8,148 Boards Champion
    Been like two days since i took a body check picture. (That makes me sound like vain obessed person- just ED im not vain btw lol 
    Stop imagining fake scenarios and hurting your own feelings 
    BubblesGoesBooElizabethLucy307ThePigeons
  • Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 510 Moderator
    This is a great thread idea! @BubblesGoesBoo Thank you for sharing it with us all!  :)
    BubblesGoesBoo
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 174 Moderator
    Lovely thread! Huge well done everybody :)
    Attempted a full day at work today, but it was getting a bit much so spoke to my manager to come home, the plan next week is to do 2  half days and 2 full days so I'm not jumping straight back into full time 😊 we'll build it up when we see how I get on.. 

Basically the recovery win here is a spoke up before things got too much and I done something destructive 👌 
    Lucy307Jade09Salix_alba_2019
    Just finished a selection box I got for Christmas 💪 might not seem like a lot but it's the first time I've finished one in years, even though it took me like 2 months 😂 and yes, I did have chocolate for breakfast 👌😂
    Jade09
    Yesterday I ate pancakes.. Not because I was forced, but because I wanted them! For so many years I was afraid of pancake day, especially if someone else had made them and they weren't my mams low calorie ones (my dad's diabetic so we don't use sugar) but yesterday I was the one suggesting getting pancakes, something both scary and satisfying. I could hear my brain screaming 'what are you doing' but I went ahead and ate them anyway 💃

RileySalix_alba_2019Jade09
    just realized this, but someone knocked on my door this morning and my first thought wasn't 'shit, the police' it was 'whos that' like the police didn't even come into my mind, really starting to feel free-er now :)
    Jade09
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Posts: 398 Rampant Poster
    I took a moment to appreciate how far I've come. It made me a bit emotional when I realised that i was 100% recovered from my past eating disorder. I can't beleive I did it 
    BubblesGoesBooThePigeonsJade09
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 The Mix convert
    I'm not fainting a lot anymore
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
    BubblesGoesBooHowDoYouTalkAboutItJade09
    Even though I went over my meal plan earlier cause of mam lying to me, im still having my set plan for denner :)
    _AJ_
  • _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 65 Miniposter
    I just went to the shop and didn't have a panic attack when they were out of the only safe brand of custard (custard is legit my only safe food). Instead, I calmly picked up another and even though it was higher calorie, bought it! Whether I eat it is a whole new matter... 
    xx
    HowDoYouTalkAboutItSalix_alba_2019
  • HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 56 Miniposter
    I've found liquid calories are easier for me to intake and don't feel as much like shit after intaking them. Still not great but an improvement I never thought I'd make
    BubblesGoesBoo_AJ_
  • GreenTeaGreenTea The moonPosts: 2,654 Mega Poster
    Cooked for a group of people and managed to eat some dinner last night In front of them!

_AJ_Jade09
    got out of bed and done some cleaning :)
    Jade09