Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the Month - October

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited November 2019 in General Chat
Hey everyone, 

It's time to vote on October's Post of the Month!

What is Post of the Month?
For those of you who aren't familiar with Post of the Month, each month you can nominate threads and replies you've seen on the boards. We then put up a poll and the reply with the most votes wins Post of the Month.

You can nominate a post by flagging it, selecting Report, and then choosing 'Post of the Month nomination' as the reason. :) 

Before we share the nominations for this month, we also want to acknowledge how brave you all are for reaching out for support. This takes so much courage and we're so proud of you all <3

-----

1. @Butterfly23 's reply in 'Does Anyone Have Work Experience Placement Ideas?'
Hey! I’ve had to do a lot of placements for my course at college and sometimes It can be hard finding one before you are 18 ☹️

There are loads of places that under 18s are accepted though like old people classes or like learning disability groups where you can help them do arts and crafts and stuff, a good one could be a preforming arts class for people who are deaf or have another special needs, as it intertwines both the career in BSL and performing arts. Also, there are befriending placements where you can spend time with older people if they are lonely, working in a nursery, primary school! 

If you didn’t want to do anything like that then a lot of Cafes and shops accept work placements too ☺️

Main advice I can give is find somewhere that you need to work with people, whether that’s older people, those with learning disabilities etc because for uni and other things (I know it’s far away yet) they want people to have experience of working with vulnerable people if they are wanting to go into a career in the health or social care sector 💗

I hope this helps a little bit ☺️

2. @Kathleen07 's reply in 'Dealing with grief
Oh hydrangea, I'm so sorry. Of course it's painful :(

Grief is an awful thing to go through and I can really sense how hard losing Gabby must be. It sounds like she was really precious to you. I understand having those feelings around not having had the chance to give her a proper final goodbye.

Let yourself feel and take things as easy you need, and we're/I'm here if you need anything. She's lucky to have had such a loving owner x

Sending lots of hugs <3

3. @Skive 's reply in '"Super" skinny models banned in some countries. PTW'

The banning of any natural body type as models will ultimately lead to unrealistic expectations because it creates an artificial representation of common body-types.
Some people are large, some people are small, that is a natural expected variation, so the modelling industry should be encouraged to reflect that variation.

4. @Maddie050 's reply in 'No options left'
Hey @Shaunie ;

I just thought that i'd leave you with a little message to see if you are feeling okay, or even better. I'm glad that you are still here though with us, we are here to support you whenever you need us, including all the people that are giving you some wonderful advice and sending lots of love ( @Kathleen07 , @*BananaMonkey* , @PoppyB , @Jade09 , @Han93 , @Lucy307 , @Italia , @Aife , @Lubna , @rachel_ann ). EVERYONE is here for YOU <3

I'm also dealing with suicidal thoughts, and even though i don't have it as bad as you, everyday is a push and a struggle. I'm deeply sorry for you. And you have all my sympathy and respect, including everyone here <3

I really hope you get the support you truly deserve, you are an amazing part of this community. And we are all lucky to have one another. Take care of yourself @Shaunie. This isnt just coming from my mouth, but its coming from my heart.

Take care.

-Maddie

Vote below! :star:

The Mix Team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the Month - October 13 votes

Butterfly23
23% 3 votes
Kathleen07
23% 3 votes
Skive
15% 2 votes
Maddie050
38% 5 votes

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Thanks for the nom :)
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    A late congratulations to @maddie050 for winning this! Badge coming your way.

We'll also catch up on the nominations since November when we can. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • maddie050maddie050 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    I’m sorry I wasn’t here to congratulate everyone nominated, wonderful and respectful messages there. 
    Thank you to everyone who nominated me, it means a lot. And that message I sent, I still mean it’s, and it’s still stands. Thank you again. <3

Thank you @Mike again.  :)
    Sometimes space and time is the cure, but all it is, is Support, Passion, Love and Belief.