Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[deleted]

ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
edited February 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
[deleted]
Alis propriis volat 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,276 Part of The Furniture
    This is fantastic - I wasn't aware of this way of grounding. Seriously good presentation skills too Eleanor!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    That's really helpful thank you! Also the 'Close your eyes if it feels safe to do so' was very reassuring to read. Most exercises state to close your eyes but I get frustrated and panicky.

Very lovely handwriting :)
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @ThePigeons Thank you! I put 'if it feels safe to do so' on purpose as when I do this in therapy, often it doesn't feel safe to do so. It depends what kind of headspace im in! :)

I've done it before with my eyes open it is worked equally as well, your imagination takes over! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Thank you so much for sharing this! It seems really really helpful :heart:
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,454 Skive's The Limit
    Bit late on this one. But Thank you for sharing <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hope it helps @Shaunie <3
    Alis propriis volat 
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    This is a fantastic resource @Eleanor thanks so much for sharing. It is also very brave of you to share your own personal visualisations :)

If anyone is feeling overwhelmed, there are some further grounding techniques here that can help to distract from uncomfortable thoughts and feelings. Remember that if you are really struggling, you can always reach out to someone such as The Mix 1-2-1 chat services or The Mix helpline at 0808 808 4994. 

Thank you @PoppyB <3
    Alis propriis volat