Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What Genders Are There?

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
Probably sounds really silly but earlier at school during computing we were having an argument about what Genders there are (we were doing a database table and we had to put in something about gender.) Please can people help me to clarify that there is not just male, female and transgender?
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I have friends that are gender fluid and non binary, that sort of thing? ❤️
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    I have friends that are gender fluid and non binary, that sort of thing? ❤️
    Yeah thanks.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited March 2020
    It's also worth noting that 'transgender' isn't a gender as such. Someone can transition from (for example) male to female, but they may still prefer to be labelled as 'female'. Transgender is a label people can identify with but folks may not be comfortable calling that their gender, if that makes sense?

Speaking from a cisgender perspective so if anyone wants to correct me there, please do!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.