Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What will you be doing next year at University?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I know that no-one has got their results yet and the dreaded day is August 15th :eek: but if the results go the way that you hope they do, which University will you be going to and to do what?

I'm personally going to Northumbria University at Newcastle to do Law, and I can't wait.., how about everyone else?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im going to take a year out before uni to earn some money and hopefully get some job experience.
    I hope to study biology at university but im worried that i wont get the grades! i have my last A level exam tomorrow, unfortunately its chemistry synoptic and im porbably gonna fail it!! :(
    I will be doing journalism, did my A Levels 2 years ago so have an unconditional place.
    Multimedia and Internet Technology at *fingers crossed* Salford University. It isn't the most nicest of places, but hey the course is good.

If i've fucked up then it will be Leeds Met.
    I got my last exam on wednesday. Maths D2!!!!!!!

If I get the grades I'll be going to Greenwich Uni to study Geography. I live in Oldham near Manchester so it'll be a long journey for me!!!

Just hope there are a few northeners going to the uni as well.
    I'm going to King's College London to read English. My offer is unconditional, as I went to high school in Australia, and hence obtained my final results in December 2001 (after finishing school in November).
    Uni

I finished my a levels now so awaiting my results (english, avce ict and accountancy). Hopefully if I get good results i'll be going part time at Birkbeck university in London studying one of the three).
    Last A level tomorrow (aarrggggghhhhhh, so unprepared and still sitting here!) If all goes well I'm off to Sussex to read law. If I mess it up I should hopefully still get into Kent. Scared and excited at the same time!

[Edited to add, aren't the results on the 16th?]
    results are definitely you on thursday 15th of august..am so dreading that day!

Hopefully I'll be going to Leicester Uni to study BSc Sociology. Otherwise, i have no insurance offer so god knows where I'll be!

Finished exams today......yey!!!! :D
    I wont, be going to uni that is. I've got another two wonderful years of High School to go before I join the uni scene. :D
    And I'll be going into my third year of History at Stirling Uni. :)
    I'll be doing Media Studies pathway Public Relations at Westminster. I'm allready excited and nervous!:eek:
    Second year geography, with no exams. And colouring pencils... :)
    Originally posted by Gems

Edited to add, aren't the results on the 16th

I'm pretty sure they're on the 15th...
    Im goin to Leicester Uni to study American Studies.

Already got my results so im raring to go ......i think?!?!?!?:eek:
    Results depending, Nottingham Uni to do History/Politics.

And do drink. Lots. Cheaply.
    english, all being well...
    by the way, a question: does anyone know if you have to be in the country for results? cos I don't want to be and apparently if you get in you have to fill a confrmation letter. Not bothered about clearing etc. - if I fuck up I'll reapply - but in that situation oculd i od it from abroad?
    ta
    Originally posted by Scorpion
    Im going to take a year out before uni to earn some money and hopefully get some job experience.
    I hope to study biology at university but im worried that i wont get the grades! i have my last A level exam tomorrow, unfortunately its chemistry synoptic and im porbably gonna fail it!! :(

Same here but accountancy at Sheffield uni though i won't get in. Gonna retake then hopefully go following year!
    Me going to staffs uni up in Stoke !

To study BA hons in Film, TV and Radio Studies-I only need two C's to get in which without sounding really big headed I can do-bring on uni I say !

Anyone else going to staffs here? Will be quite funny if anyone else!

eve:p :);) :cool:
    well it wont be next year, itll be the year fater, but im looking to go to film school. I dont know where though. it might be nottingham, but i havent really found out much information yet. any help wud be greatly appreciated. im looking for a mostly practical course.
    Originally posted by Kat

Same here but accountancy at Sheffield uni though i won't get in. Gonna retake then hopefully go following year!

What do sheffield want for accountancy? *also wants to be an accountant*
    I'm looking to go to Herriot-Watt in 2003 to take a combined 4yr MA in Accounting and Finance. But i need to get my grades first!
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra

I'm looking to go to Herriot-Watt in 2003 to take a combined 4yr MA in Accounting and Finance.

pah, we all know what your going to be doing at uni ;)
    Shush, stop hijacking other people's threads, and talking about sex. Honestly :rolleyes: :D I'd never do that!
    hehe :p
    post whore.
    regular whore
    LMAO. Meowwwww.

Heriot-Watt...the best thing about that place is it's the only place in the UK that offers a degree in Brewing and Distilling. Such a great thing :D
    And the fact that it has a 60:40 M:F ratio... :D And i AM going there to learn, honestly... :D