Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Project Work (Children)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well... here we go...

Last Wednesday, I decided to do some voluntary work for an organisation called Dynamic. Basically, it's work with children that have disabilities. I'm only 18 and the youths involved were aged 13 - 16... I really enjoyed it. I mean I felt like it was a job I could do, even though I've only tried it for one 5 hour session, it just felt so right.

So, instead of wasting a third year in college (I'm thick so I fuck most stuff up), I was thinking about doing project work, helping to look after them, doing art, taking them out...

But I don't know all that much about it, plus, my friend said that they might give me a drug test. I quit cannabis fairly recently, but I don't know how long it'll stay in my system. I heard it was about a month until it's untraceable, but my best mate reckons it'd be at least 3 months.

I know about the police check and I don't have a criminal record... But I only have my GCSEs and no caring qualifications bar first aid and health and safety certificates...

So, any info?

Comments

• Options
    see i TOLD YOU you were lying to me... (this is my sister up there), i don't really mind if you smoke cannabis but i do mind being lied to, as fairly recently i asked you if you did and you lied, i'm not going to go telling mum, i mean why would i? you never told her i was gay and you don't tell her who i'm talking to online...
  • Options
    LMFAO, oh to be a fly on the wall over dinner one night in your house, the shit truley will hit the fan if either of you make a false move !

Quality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    see i TOLD YOU you were lying to me... (this is my sister up there), i don't really mind if you smoke cannabis but i do mind being lied to, as fairly recently i asked you if you did and you lied, i'm not going to go telling mum, i mean why would i? you never told her i was gay and you don't tell her who i'm talking to online...

Yeah well, so I was in denial... just... grrrrr....

Is anyone here gonna help me?
  • Options
    denial??? you need a better excuse than that. I THOUGHT you trusted me.... I am not going to blab. Did you tell mum when i came out? No. Have you told mum i might be meeting up with bob? (26/gay male/us) no.
  • Options
    Sort your personal problems out away from the boards please.
This discussion has been closed.