Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Highlights of the week!

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
so I thought we could use this space to share our highlights of the week, no matter how shitty things are, there are some good times, every cloud and all that :lol:
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    I love this thread idea @BubblesGoesBoo I think my highlight of the week would be that I was able to catch up with coursework that I was behind on!

What was your highlight of the week then Bubbles?  <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @BubblesGoesBoo My highlight of the week would have to be discovering the discussion boards! I love them <3 

Alis propriis volat 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    my highlight of the week was saving £147 on books :lol: though don't think the postie is gonna love carrying 23 books to my door :joy: 

ps. if you don't see me for a while you know why haha
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Getting offered a job interview
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Love this thread! And I'm so pleased to hear about everybody else's highlights :smile::heart:

I think my highlight was handing in my first draft of my dissertation. It was quite an early deadline so my supervisor said she wasn't expecting a complete draft...but I took that on as a challenge and managed to complete a full draft so that was a big relief indeed :smile:
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    I found a new breakfast I like
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
    It's that time of week again folks!
    My highlights are:
    - got my 365 days of self care journal 
    - managed to take this time off to relax a bit, and the suicidal thoughts haven't been as bad as I imagined 😊
    - helping out an elderly lady
    - got some things done that I've been putting off for a while. 
    - and finally, got some more writing done, 2 blog posts up and sent one off to The Mighty 😊 💖
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    My highlight of the week was getting a surprise visit from my lovely partner 😊
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My highlight of the week was getting a surprise visit from my lovely partner 😊

Cute!! Did you do anything nice together?
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    edited March 2020
    I fiiiinally organised two drawers in my bedroom that have been annoying me. Now I have a first aid box (why didn't I have this before?), a drawer for getting myself ready in the morning and one for bathroom products. Also cleared out some other junk from my room. :) 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    its early but already know this is going to be the highlight of my week! put up a tweet saying the gig I was meant go to has been cancelled and coronavirus might as well kill me cause ive got nothing to look forward too now … just got a lovely message off the band! :love:
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited March 2020
    1. My friend bought me 2 chocolate bars and a bag of sweets for my birthday as well as a card.

2. The year 11's let me join their little party/legal rave at break time (there were no drugs and it was in a classroom where teachers could keep an eye on us just in case.)

3. Enjoyed a delicious pizza at lunchtime. 

4. My science teacher found me walking past her classroom after I came out of mentoring.  She called me over. I thought that I was in trouble. She gave me a box of chocolates.

5. I didn't miss my bus.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Aw love reading these. The highlight of my week so far Is making my bed side table
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    My highlight this week is getting to keep my job 😁
    it's that time of week again folks! my highlights this week are:
    - seeing the posties face when he got his easter egg
    - received lots of items of my self care wishlist #coronakindness
    - my sunflowers are starting to grow and it makes me happy
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    The sun has been very kind to me, thank you sun 
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    The sun has been very kind to me, thank you sun 

My highlight has to be the sunny weather this weekend too!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    - My cheese twists and chelsea buns that I made at school on Thursday actually did not turn out too bad.

- I had pizza and chips for lunch on Monday.

- I had fish fingers, chips and beans for lunch on Thursday. 

- I get to have meatballs for dinner tonight. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    I added a lovely status update for my friends and family on WhatsApp. Hopefully it will cheer them up during this difficult time.
    Giving my dad and sister eater egg each. They wasn't expecting it and they really apprecaite it. 
    Just made The Works order. Got 2 1,000 piece jigsaws, a sketch book, canvas pad, 12 sketch pencils, water paint set, acrylic paint set and hand sanatiser all for £31 i think thats good 
    highlights of last week:

didn't kill myself haha
    managed to do some little bits around the house I've been putting off

edited April 2020
    Shaunie said:
    Just made The Works order. Got 2 1,000 piece jigsaws, a sketch book, canvas pad, 12 sketch pencils, water paint set, acrylic paint set and hand sanatiser all for £31 i think thats good 
    (Also was a hightlight is i found a promo code. I always search for ages for a discount code whenever i buy online 😂. Always worth it tho.  took £5 off. The code is CRAFT20  finding a code that works is always my highlight lol
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited April 2020
    My highlight was last nights SC, I was left in hysterics at some of the things said looool
    I was flying down the corridor with a classmate at school whilst we were rehearsing a monologue. Yes we were trying to fly. 

And yes, I am still going to school. 
    My highlights of this week are... 
    - getting my bonus 
    - being allowed back to work
    - getting a lovely letter from a friend 
    When my older sister said she got a puppy
     and seeing bella
    Handed in a big piece of homework on time.
    Finding an app that shows you products on Amazon you can get codes for allot of the codes take 80% off things. Haven't brought anything yet butv interesting to look at but the codes do work
    Buying my lion king mug. Will post a picture if it later