Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    It is really sad Caroline flack killed herself
    I’m in shock over this tbh 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Shaunie said:
    It is really sad Caroline flack killed herself
    I’m in shock over this tbh 
    Same... I heard people talking about it on the tube and didnt know if it was true or not..

I've also noticed that news websites are deleting all the horrible news articles attacking her..and replacing them.

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey folks :heart:

Just wanted to pop on to send everyone lots of hugs and let you know that we're all here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I'm nothing but a problem
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I'm not sure I've ever felt this bad :'(
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    It doesn't matter.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Blood test day. Then the anxious couple days to see if I need to be hospitalised
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    My sister just made me take a pregnancy test, it came back positive 😳 HOW!? Now I got go to work and pretend everything is fine, I'm shaking I'm so scared... 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    It doesn't matter 😭
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Kasa2103 said:
    It doesn't matter 😭
    Hope you're okay 💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Kasa2103 said:
    It doesn't matter 😭
    Hope you're okay 💖
    Thanks but not okay. 
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    It doesn't matter 😭
    Hope you're okay 💖
    Thanks but not okay. 
    What's up? 💖
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    It doesn't matter 😭
    Hope you're okay 💖
    Thanks but not okay. 
    What's up? 💖
    Yesterday I found out that one of the teachers from my school (that I knew) passed away earlier in the week from a heart attack. And the poor woman was only in her 40's! It has not been easy for me.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    It doesn't matter 😭
    Hope you're okay 💖
    Thanks but not okay. 
    What's up? 💖
    Yesterday I found out that one of the teachers from my school (that I knew) passed away earlier in the week from a heart attack. And the poor woman was only in her 40's! It has not been easy for me.
    In chat you said you didn't know them? Not that it matters death is sad in its self. Hugs. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited February 2020
    My sister just made me take a pregnancy test, it came back positive 😳 HOW!? Now I got go to work and pretend everything is fine, I'm shaking I'm so scared... 
    :anguished:

I wonder if it's worth taking a second one if you haven't already? Just to eliminate the possibility of a false positive. I know this is a scary thing though @BubblesGoesBoo and we're here with you. :)

Kasa2103 said:
    That's so rubbish @Kasa2103. :( As @Shaunie said, death is just difficult and not a fun thing to be around, regardless of who the person was to you. Grief can be quite insidious.

Hugs to anyone else needing them today <3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    I am really struggling with my mental health and everywhere I turn for help, I'm just getting doors slammed in my face and I'm finding it really hard to deal with that.
    I feel like I'm bubbling a major crisis and nobody seems to care. 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster

I had a scare not long ago after I noticing that I was "late". I agree with Mike, take another test just to be sure 💛
    Shaunie said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    It doesn't matter 😭
    Hope you're okay 💖
    Thanks but not okay. 
    What's up? 💖
    In chat you said you didn't know them? Not that it matters death is sad in its self. Hugs. 
    I didn't know her too well but she is not a stranger to me if that makes sense. I have seen her around school. Sorry for the confusion. 
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    It doesn't matter 😭
    Hope you're okay 💖
    Thanks but not okay. 
    What's up? 💖
    I'm so sorry for your loss, it doesn't matter how well you knew them when they're so young it is a shock, will you get to pay your respects? Like are the school holding a memorial or anything? I probably went to a smaller school but when a teacher died we either had a memorial or the day off to attend the funeral. It really helped as being a teenager is hard enough without losing someone 💖
    @Mike @Salix_alba_2019 thanks, I panicked and took another test which was negative, like body what you playing at!? Not sure what to do now 🤷‍♀️
    Finding the smallest of tasks so difficult to do. Can't focus on anything. 
    I feel so deflated and down
    I feel too anxious to even get out of bed. Every sound of someone walking past, someone outside, my laptop or phone ping.. sends me into a panic
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @BubblesGoesBoo if you're unsure what to do now, you could always purchase a worm on a string for absolutely no reason at all haahaha. For real though, I can really identify with the fear and possibility of pregnancy. I couldn't concentrate or anything but nowww it's all good. 

Have a lovely rest of the evening human  <3
    GreenTea said:
    I feel too anxious to even get out of bed. Every sound of someone walking past, someone outside, my laptop or phone ping.. sends me into a panic

Forced myself up. Headphones in and music blaring the whole time. Took myself to the gym for half hour. Feel like I need burst out of this depressive episode and I think the gym when I'm really down might be helpful. 

I'm fucking done with today now tho 😭
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Proud of you for getting yourself up and out @GreenTea I know how difficult it can be to get out when your struggling.

I hope things start to settle soon 💜
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    My stomach feels like it's being ripped apart
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Not in a good place :(
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Can't catch a break physically
    Have really bad urge to hurt myself 

I had a difficult time coping earlier with something. It is in a spoiler because it is a bit long and some people don't want to read stuff from this burden. 

Today I was helping out at my gymnastics club (I have to do about 60 hours of volunteering as part of something that I do out of school.) 

Everyone was in their groups after warm up but I was forgotten about (I usually go with different groups every week.) I got quite anxious about it. Then one of the adults (she isn't a gymnastics coach- she is sort of like a supervisor) came over to me and asked what was wrong. I broke down into tears. We sat down for a while and chatted about how I felt forgotten about so I got scared. I also told her that things had not been easy for a few days. I told her about how someone from school died. 

My main worry was that the man who runs the volunteering thing at my gymnastics club would find out about what happened. He was away at a competition and he would probably be mad and tell me off if he found out. The supervisor kept trying to tell me that it would be okay and that he would not tell me off. I was still really anxious. 

Eventually I pulled myself together and joined a group. It took me 30 minutes. I shouldn't have let myself get into that state especially as there were a lot of younger kids around. I didn't want them to see me like that. It makes me feel embarrassed. It just felt too much for me. :(

Am I an idiot?

This discussion has been closed.