Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

im gonna fail

Mama_U660Mama_U660 Posts: 11 Settling in
edited March 27 in Work & Study
so i havent been on here for a while and so much has happened lately. Im trying to forget about everything and just focus on my exams but im so afraid of failing. i feel so sure that im going to fail and its killing me. I cant sleep and i cant eat which doesnt help because then i cant study. I need something to distract me from the idea of failing. Help please?
Post edited by JustV on
Tagged:

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Mama_U660 (and welcome back) <3

I'm sorry to hear this. I can hear that you're feeling pretty stressed:(

It sounds to me like you're very worried and scared of failing - is that true? And do you know where that's coming from? So, maybe you have low confidence and you feel worse when you fail, or you feel like your future is relying a lot on your exams.

Maybe try to do a bit of self-care <3 We're here if you'd like to come back and chat some more x
  • MsBingoMsBingo Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Mama_U660,

Can really relate to this post, its such a difficult time of year and brings up so much stress, anxiety and self doubt.

My advice would be to take a day or weekend off and not think about exams (I know thats hard) but its really important to give yourself some time to recharge. Maybe don't see it as a break, but an investment in your exams. If your'e finding it difficult to study in the schedule you've got at the moment its not really being productive and you aren't gaining anything from stressing yourself out so much.

I agree with what @kathleen0172 said about self care. Maybe try some light exercise daily, or watching something you enjoy. I also find it good to download a game on my phone that I can be fully absorbed in for a short period of time (I like Plague Inc.) as it takes my mind off things, but then you can just delete it if it starts distracting you too much.

Keep trying your best because your best is good enough  <3  
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    Ppl expect u to fail but ur stronger, think positive and you'll see wat u can do 😀
    Crazy mad insane
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    It's hard when u have a panic attack during a exam
    Crazy mad insane
  • carlysheldoncarlysheldon Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    Hope everything went well. But unfortunately, the fear of failure often leads to actual failure. Everyone needs to learn how to conquer this anxiety as early as possible.