Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I feel so so unwell it's affecting my mental health
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Sending hugs across the thread <3<3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    I feel so sore after my injections. Especially with my left arm. Had the injection nearly 5 hours ago.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Missed a call about concerns from my blood test and tried to ring back.. absolutely noone answered and now I'm panicking
  • Options
    I feel as if things won't get better.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Peer support worker job came up and is for early intervention of psychosis. You dont have to of had psychosis to help but yeah i dont anyway and it sounds like an overwhelming job and i don’t know whether to try to apply or not
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    feel sick 😓🤢
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Ive decided i will apply for the job. I doubt i will get it an interview but i feel bad they trained me and i havent even applied to any. 

I will try to start it today
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Im writing my cover letter for the job and i can not be anymore stressed out in how to word it and meet the spec. 

On "desireable" it says Psychiatric hospital admission. Like how do i even word that.... im guessing they are looking for that because you have seen wide range of people who use the service and you had to be in that enviroment. So im guessing i word that in a nicer way like. 😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓
  • Options
    I feel overwhelmed right now. There's just so much sadness and anxiety and bad thoughts going on in my head. I know I should write it down and try to work through it a little but all it's making me want to do right now is kill myself and get everything the fuck over with.

I'm not in danger but I'm tempted to self-harm (safely) or try to sleep to "replace" going through with suicide. I feel so low and sorrowful.
  • Options
    The more i write this cover letter for application the more i actually want the job now. ( was applying cause i felt bad that i havent now want the job) Lol cause i forgot how interesting it is. 
    But my writing is shit and sounds like kid wrote it
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2020
    @shaunie you could word it something along the lines of saying “I have experience of psychiatric hospitals and therefore feel like I could have a greater understanding of how to support someone who may be nearing or just come out of an admission” possibly like that maybe ? 

Also if you need any help feel free to to give me a shout and I’ll try and help also I’m sure there’s a website possibly the women’s trust I think it’s called that you send your cover letter and CV and application too and they can read through it and give specific advice 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @shaunie you could word it something along the lines of saying “I have experience of psychiatric hospitals and therefore feel like I could have a greater understanding of how to support someone who may be nearing or just come out of an admission” possibly like that maybe ? 

Also if you need any help feel free to to give me a shout and I’ll try and help also I’m sure there’s a website possibly the women’s trust I think it’s called that you send your cover letter and CV and application too and they can read through it and give specific advice 
    Thank you
     it's interesting how much if the spec is about needing to manage own mental health and stress
  • Options
    Sigh. Feeling down
  • Options
    joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    i dont like to live; i dont know why, i just cant like something that for me it's so... ugh :expressionless: 

I have great parents, great friends and no social or economic problems; I have not experienced any trauma and I haven't had any problems in my childhood or adolescence... my life is very good and I am very aware of it, but I still hate the fact that I have to be alive and breathing.

even when i'm happy, i'm not vibrating with life... when i'm angry, sad or listless too;;,, no matter what i'm feeling, my distaste for life doesn't change.

and it's very hard live when everything you most want to, it's die

everything always goes ^^
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru

Sending hugs everyone! <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Missing my nana so much tonight 😔 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I can't cope. I'm sorry for moaning but I don't feel able to handle this.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    I have had quite bad cramps today. Can't even get any medication until about 5pm.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    I'm better off dead. 
  • Options
    I'm so frustrated and fed up with people around me. 
    Supportive my arse.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    My colleague just said 'you're looking healthier, you eating well' and of course my mind translates that to fat 🙄
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    The dementia storyline on casaulty was absolutely heartbreaking. As someone who has lost someone close to me to it.. it killed me watching the storyline but I felt like I have to watch casaulty as my nan was the one who introduced me to it and it's something I do to honour her regularly. But this story line has ruined me. It was portrayed well. I am absolutely sobbing and feeling very hard hit by tonight episode.
    Rip Duffy 💔
    Poor Charlie :(

• Options
    This is soo true. I don't have any grandparents left anymore 

• Options
    Had a cry in Sainsbury's and a little old man came and asked if I was ok. Bless him tbh. Don't even know why I cried. I just felt overwhelmed with emotion and cried. 
  • Options
    ElizabethElizabeth Posts: 93 Budding Regular
    Cried in my last two exams, dreading tomorrow! I've tried revising but whats the point I'll fail anyway. 
  • Options
    Elizabeth said:
    Cried in my last two exams, dreading tomorrow! I've tried revising but whats the point I'll fail anyway. 

Massive hugs. I'm sure you'll ace your exam ♥️ hope you are ok
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Elizabeth said:
    Good luck for your exam tomorrow and don't be afraid to take some time out to reground yourself if you need to 🤗

So long as you do your best it's all that matters 💛
  • Options
    Finally got answers to why I've been so poorly. 
    I've been fighting an infection for months. Finally on a course of anti biotics
This discussion has been closed.