Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Don’t know how I’ll manage

molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
I’m 19 and I’ve never had a job. I have a severe anxiety disorder and leaving the house is a struggle atm, I also have depression and Aspergers. Whenever I do feel ready to work, I don’t know how I’ll actually manage because I’m so all over the place, I feel as if I’ll never be able to. I’m so lost and I don’t know what I’m gonna do 

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey Mol. It's understandable to feel like that. It does sound like something that would make working feel impossible for you. Just to echo what Aidan said, what would you think of getting treatment for your anxiety and depression to help sort that out?

Do you have any idea what job you'll want when you're ready to work? I'm here if you want to talk more about how your mental health's affecting you <3
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @mol

Just wanted to echo what the others have said - I think they have shared some great advice :heart:

It's also important for you to know that it's absolutely okay to tell future employers about the way you feel and that may help you to find a job where you can feel best supported. Good employers really care about their employees wellbeing :smile:

Good luck and take good care x
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey Mol,

I know how scary it can feel, so definitely relate to you! I think it can seem very scary with various preconceptions, but truth is, you won't ever know until you give it a go. Each workplace can be very different, so it's simply a case of finding work, environment and a team that you feel comfortable with. Giving it a go also means you can see what you like and don't like. I know that seems like going in at the deep end, but a lot of people find that giving it a go means they actually learn a lot about what they want to do, finding something they're good at, and that it's not as scary as it seems x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.