Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A Massive Thank You (+an update)

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
Hi Mixlorians,

I wanted to say thank you very much to everyone at The Mix for supporting not just me but also every young person who gets in touch whether that is through the discussion board, Crisis Messenger, 1-2-1 chat, email, Webchat counselling, Telephone Counselling, group chat or the phone helpline.

As a few people on here know, I have been struggling with severe bullying at school since year 7. On Friday, I finally had the courage to speak to my mum about the bullying.

This is thanks to not just to everyone at The Mix but also some other people (my mentor, 3 of my friends, my gymnastics coach, my friends dad and the student welfare team at my school.)

Without the support of this amazing community (and the people in group chat) and the other people I mentioned, I would have never spoken to my mum. I don't even know if I would be Kasa anymore.

Now my mum has sent an email to my student support officer so he knows about what I have said. He is probably going to have a chat with me during the week. It will also give me the chance to chat to him about something else that is worrying me.

Thank you everyone. You are all absolutely amazing. ❤💓💕💖💗💙💚💛💜💝💞💟❣ 😊☺🙂🤗

Now I can finally start to get control of my life back. It doesn't mean that life is all rainbows, unicorns and mini sausage rolls. The trauma and memories will always affect me.

From a very grateful Kasa

Ps: Sorry for all the emojis. Just such a milestone in my life for me to celebrate.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    edited January 2020
    It's really good to hear you spoke to your mum and you have a meeting with a student support officer. I'm really glad that the Mix, and other people in your peer network, have helped you. Congratulations for taking such a big step, you should feel proud of yourself :)👍 

You are always a really supportive person to see on the boards so I hope you take pride in being part of the discussion board community as well :)

Mixlorian has a nice ring to it. I hope your meeting goes well! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Jordan said:
    It's really good to hear you spoke to your mum and you have a meeting with a student support officer. I'm really glad that the Mix, and other people in your peer network, have helped you. Congratulations for taking such a big step, you should feel proud of yourself :):-1:

You are always a really supportive person to see on the boards so I hope you take pride in being part of the discussion board community as well :)

Mixlorian has a nice ring to it. I hope your meeting goes well! :)

Thank you Jordan. I actually got the "Mixlorian" thing from @Mike It made me laugh one time and I remembered it. Also, do you realise you accidentally did :-1: instead of :+1:
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Kasa2103 said:
    Thank you Jordan. I actually got the "Mixlorian" thing from @Mike It made me laugh one time and I remembered it. Also, do you realise you accidentally did :-1: instead of :+1:
    Whoops, thanks for catching that. I definitely meant a thumbs up! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Amazing to hear, Kasa :) Hope that this is the start of things getting better! Keep us posted x
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited January 2020
    We're so  so oooooooo proud of you Kasa and hopefully this will be the start if things getting better! 

You deserve to feel safe and you deserve to be happy 💛
    Thank you so much everyone. The words might have been said now but the trauma and memories are still there.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    It was lovely to read you feeling so thankful. You did great with opening up to your mum. I hope your chat goes well with your student support officer :)<3
    Thank you. It went well. One of my old teachers was looking for me during break and she told me that my student support officer wanted to speak to me and that he had been looking for me since 10:30am. I ended up telling him about what the girls have done and he said that I can withdraw from music lessons (which will hopefully help) as long as my mum says that it is okay. I thought you could only withdraw from religious studies (and other subjects except maths, English, science and a humanities subject in year 10.)
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hey @Kasa2103 that's fantastic news that the chat with the student support officer went well. It seems like he is really supportive and listened to you. You are so brave to have opened up to him <3 

Please keep us updated with how you get on. 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    @Jordan said:
    This. :)

So proud of you @Kasa2103 - what a courageous step for you to take, and even better news that the meeting went well! You're super brave and it's genuinely been amazing to see how much you've grown, emotionally and mentally, in the time you've been part of this community.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.