Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2020
    Thanks to a friend, I discovered the most amazing veggie jerky. It's the perfect movie/TV snack.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Found this hummus that’ taste so nice , caramelised onion from Aldi 😍 love it with toasted pita bread 
    I've had the one and it tastes 🤩
    It is sooo good .... judging by @Mike user title I’m guessing you like hummus you should give this a try 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    My dad got me my new water bottle ive been obsessing over!!!!  Does mean i owe him even more money but i was even dreaming of getting a water bottle woth the times on hahaha. Filled it up gor tomorrow and my aim is to drink atleast mimun recommended amount! 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Painkillers you absolute legend 🙏 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    @Salix_alba_2019 managed to get an extra 30 % off on top of the existing 30% and I don't know how but feel I'm winning at life 🥇😂 now if you stay in on of our hotels I can get you 50% off, but they're expensive hence why I don't stay there 😂😂 work ain't very happy about it but 🤷‍♀️😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Went and got my new glasses yesterday ... cab finally see again 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    My koala blanket has been dispatched... Finally 😁😂😂
    I’ve got a job interview for next week 😬
    Well done!! Can i ask where at?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    @shaunie A care home that’s local to me ... just some weekend work but can pick up more shifts in holidays and days off college if I want to and we’ll that’s if I get the job 😅
    Shaunie said:
    @shaunie A care home that’s local to me ... just some weekend work but can pick up more shifts in holidays and days off college if I want to and we’ll that’s if I get the job 😅
    Ooh thats good! @Millie2787 as a care assistant? I was helping my sister when she had an interview for a care home and got the job. I could ask her what sort of other questions she got if youd like
    @shaunie Yeah as a care assistant, I think I should be okay it’s at the one mum works nights at so she’s been filling me in but thank you ! 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I'm staying at my mom's overnight (I live with my dad if I haven't already mentioned that much). I feel a bit less anxious here, probably because all my time spent panicking has obviously been at my home and so my mom's is a calming change of scenery. I feel horrible for leaving Ruby alone and making my dad have to clean her out tonight though, but at least I can get a break from my sibling and feel slightly more calm for now. My mom's been lovely too.
    I like to just sit and place my hand on Louie’s chest and my other hand oh my chest to remind myself that even though we’ve both had tough start to life we’re still here and fighting 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Coffee date with work friends to cheer me up!
    Guess who did so well in there Interview they got offered the job there and then .... eeekkkk 
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Finally getting my hair cut and glossed tomorrow! 
    Had a lovely day at my friends sons first birthday party, the cake smash was epic 😂😂
    4 litres of water beads 😬 
    Have finally started looking at unis and different courses and of course using coloured post it notes to help condense information 

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I managed to find hubba bubba chewing gum today!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Get whole bed to myself
    My boyf ain't going to prison! 😁😁 NOW I'm in holiday mode 😄😄
    edited February 2020
    lol got an invite to Savers interview job. But you have to record it. Ah not going to happen but nice to know they wanted to take my application further
    Off to London for a while! Got a Instagram meet up sorted, lots of other things planned!
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Finally feeling better after a week of horrible illness lol. Had two days of antibiotics so far now and finally feel more human and am up and about in the house. Haven’t been able to sleep properly this week so it was a relief that I slept 12 hrs overnight and then had a 3 hr sleep this afternoon too haha 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Sharing cocktail 'perfect for 3 - 4 people' yeahh I drank it all 🙄😂

Pair of £100 shoes for £20 👌
    I can go back to work on Wednesday! :) my team have agreed it's not beneficial for me to be signed off as normally it causes me to end up in hospital.

(I know I could of gone back to work anytime (at least that's what work said) but my psychiatrist has been REALLY good to me, I feel he has my best interests at heart which is rare so I trust him, and didn't want to piss him off by going to work when he said not too ( it was the GP that signed me off not him))
    Smashed out a boxing session 👌