Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

thoughts and mental health

Hey everyone! Let’s support each other 🌟 Do you feel like your thoughts affect your mental health? I’d love to know what helps you the most when you have to deal with negative thoughts? 💖💖#peersupportnetwork #thehappinessworldproject #youarenotalone

Comments

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey hey, welcome to the mix!

Talking about the way that I'm feeling always helps me and  and also taking the time to do something nice for myself :)

Salix 
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Welcome to the boards @Cassheewdhasunshine <3

This thread is such a lovely idea! 

When I'm having negative thoughts, it helps to surround myself with things I love. If I'm feeling down, I'll watch my favourite movie, or play with my cats until they get tired. Anything to remind myself to be present and focus on the good in my life. 
  • CassheewdhasunshineCassheewdhasunshine Posts: 12 Settling in
    edited January 2020
    awwww, @chubbydumpling and @Salix_alba_2019 I really love your tips  <3 Thank you so much for sharing with us!!! Yahoo I'm so happy that you love this thread; I'll create more thread like this then :D 
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    This is such a lovely thread! And welcome to the boards :heart:

The most important thing for me is talking to somebody. When I tell someone about any negative thoughts, not only does it take some of the pressure off me from having them jumbled in my mind, but it helps to hear the other person rationalise them and make me feel calmer. Also, going outside! I find going to a nature park really helps to ground me, the sound of the birds and the leaves, the ripples of the water in the lake, all of those senses help to ground me and bring me back to the present moment :heart: