Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Suggest makeup looks?

Comments

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    I love this thread, there is so much inspiration!  :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    Going to get my eyelashes done😀 will post a pic after 
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear

Eye lashes done
    Nails done
    Hair done 
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    This thread is amazing - I wish I had enough time to do my makeup properly! It clearly shows that practice makes perfect because all of the looks here are stunning  :3
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Ignore my hair. Is a complete mess these days loll. 

But ive been on youtube watching a lot of eyeshadow for hooded eyes/ if dont have much eye lis space so can make your eyes look more awake and all that and i think this is how you do it. Basically put the mid shade a lot higher than your actual creese- so you can see it when you open your eyes. put the darker shade of brown in the outer corners of your eye lids in a v shape. Then put a light colour in the middle then blend it all and only hight the a timy bit below your eyebrow and highlight in the corner of your eye and put the mid shade on the bottom of your eyes but thin. 
    So some youtubers say anyway

I dunno of you can tell thats what ive tried to do. 

You’re a beaut I love it xox
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    This was my NYE makeup :) 

Random one 

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aw thank you jelly. <3
    You look so pretty and i love you hair!! 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited February 2020
    You know the line before your eyelashes start , that youre meant to put eyeliner on, what do people use? It keep going to my bottom eye. 

And does any use a lip liner thats good and one shade darker than natural lips ?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    You know the line before your eyelashes start , that youre meant to put eyeliner on, what do people use? It keep going to my bottom eye. 

And does any use a lip liner thats good and one shade darker than natural lips ?
    do you mean on your eyelid eyelashes? lol so hard to explain isnt it ... if you mean on ur eyelid personally i always do eyeshadow first, then mascara, then eyeliner. I use bourjois liner feutre ... i prefer the liquid eyeliners that come in a pen shape like this 

Absolutely amazing looks everyone! I love makeup myself, so this thread is really inspiring! 
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Not from today - top one looks weird but I was trying to close my eyes a bit so you can see the colour but just looks like am drunk lol

Ive just learnt how to make your lips look bigger by over lining only the top part of your lips. But has to be the right colour to make it look like its part of your lips. Like one shade darker than you lips than blend it in. And have done it and i swear i hardly overlined and it makes my lips look so much better cause it makes the top bit look a tiny bit bigger. But not letting me post
    lol ignore me. Think the whole idea of a lip liner is to make lips look bigger just never used lip liner before
    Love these makeup looks everyone! So creative! 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited February 2020
    Definitely do not do what happened to me! My friend asked if she could put some makeup on me so I said yes. Didn't realise that it would end up like this. It looks more like a mud pack but it is supposed to be colour blending  (lots of eyeshadow in different colours and also some blush in different colours. It is too creepy for me to show a photo. And it is an ultimate fail. But it was hilarious.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Feeling colourful today lol I wish my camera showed the colours better sigh aha

mermaid vibes

Went out Friday night and was quite happy with my makeup so thought I’d share x

Shaunie said:
    You know when people say "no harsh lines" ect for eye shadow....

does this count as being a harsh line? Can be honest if dont want me going round looking like a twat lol. Its my todays make up and going to out like it anyway lol but still. Im guessing suppose to blend more? But everytime i blend feels like it vanashes lol

Lol never mind. I don’t know why need to follow the rules of like no harsh lines lol. Ill just do what i like for once 🙂
  • Evelyn360Evelyn360 Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    @Shaunie your skin is absolutely Flawless. I'm so jealous. And I think you've blended really well, I always worry about harsh lines when I wear eyeshadow
    Shaunie said:
    You know when people say "no harsh lines" ect for eye shadow....

does this count as being a harsh line? Can be honest if dont want me going round looking like a twat lol. Its my todays make up and going to out like it anyway lol but still. Im guessing suppose to blend more? But everytime i blend feels like it vanashes lol

Thanks Evelyn. I wish my skin looked nice without Make up. lol.  But i shaved my face lol and I'm Pretty sure it even out my skin tone over my whole face and made look smoother
    edited March 2020
    Omg i need to change my profile picture onfacebook cause my family saying it. But i get so scared. Even tho my twin sister is from when she was like 13 years old hahaha she needs to change her more like it. 
    But mine is from 3 years ago. I hateee uploading on social media of myself cause no one is going to likenit cause got no friends and at the time im thinking well i dont look too bad got a nose and a mouth and some eyes its just a face. A week later im like cringing at how horrible i look. Shall i just use my most recent picture that i posted as my picture? Its not too bad right? Lol. 
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    @Shaunie I still use my pictures from 5 years ago lol. But you could change it if you want, I like that picture. Your makeup looks great!

Everyones makeup looks great! If I do more with my makeup you either don't see it or I look like a clown
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
    Ah ill still use it for another 2 more years than lolthanks
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited April 2020
    Any advice on make up brushes? 

edited April 2020

What sort of advice? They're all the same in my opinion. Brought branded ones and none branded ones/any cheap ones and i cant tell the difference. But yeah that's probably cause i do it shit lol
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:

What sort of advice? They're all the same in my opinion. Brought branded ones and none branded ones/any cheap ones and i cant tell the difference. But yeah that's probably cause i do it shit lol
    Loooooool same here, I'll show show you yesterday's disaster eyeshadow lool

Im looking for a set with enough bristles that are also soft. But most importantly affordable! 
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’ve literally been scrolling through this thread and all these make up looks are amazing. I’m literally 20 and I’ve never worn makeup before. I want to start wearing a little bit I have no idea where to start, obviously might not be able to buy any stuff at the minute, but when I can any advice on what I need to actually buy lol because I really have no idea x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Dandelion said:
    I’ve literally been scrolling through this thread and all these make up looks are amazing. I’m literally 20 and I’ve never worn makeup before. I want to start wearing a little bit I have no idea where to start, obviously might not be able to buy any stuff at the minute, but when I can any advice on what I need to actually buy lol because I really have no idea x
    Omg i wish i was 20 i never wore make up before but wouldn't happened cause need to cover up my face ahaha. 
    I would say start with buying foundation and mascara fromBoots  and then look at youtube vids on eye shadow as that can be fun... or just really frustrating