Jordan from Switchboard will be here Wednesday and Friday this week to answer your questions on anything to do with sexuality and relationships - leave your questions over on this thread
Head over to this thread to submit a song for our February 'Love' playlist that we'll be putting on Spotify!

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

167891012»

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,886 Mega Poster
    edited January 4
    Not proud so to speak, but happy (just didn't know where to put this) all mam wanted for Christmas was that cinnamon diet coke but no where here was selling it (troubles of island life) and couldn't buy it online. I just offered her a bottle of clementine diet coke and she was like 'nah, I just wanted the cinnamon one' little does she know there's 2 bottles coming in the post for her from my lovely friend in England 😁 can't wait to see her face when it comes, it's the little things in life 😂

Edit : let's all just pray it doesn't explode in the post 😂😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    ShaunieJade09Laine
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 7,365 The Mix Elder
    Went to work and also looked at how long ive been working at primark! Nearly 4 years. How have i done it

“If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    BubblesGoesBooJade09Laine
    edited January 5
    Does anyone else keep saying the title of this thread in stevies vioce from Miranda, in their head ?

Now you will anyway. 
    Such fun

“If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    Jade09
    I spoke to my manager about the fact I'm not coping well with full days, so she's going to ask head office about reducing my hours for a month or two 😁😁 don't know if it will be possible since I'm on a contract but at least I asked 😊
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Jade09ElizabethLaine
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Ugly Snake South EastPosts: 2,497 Mega Poster
    Today I actually remembered that the uniform policy for my volunteering does not count when there is a meeting  (I volunteer at my gymnastics club along with about 20 other young people- we all do different days and times and we all have to wear a specific blue t-shirt with the club logo when volunteering due to safeguarding reasons.)
    Even if you're little you can do a lot. You musn't let a little thing like little stop you. If you sit around and let them get on top you might as well be saying you think that it's okay, and that's not right. And if it's not right you have to put it right.
    Jade09Laine
    Just applied for my dream Job in my dream city... Keep everything crossed for me 🤞🤞
    Elizabethdavcr0ckLaine
    I survived the first day of term. 
    Even if you're little you can do a lot. You musn't let a little thing like little stop you. If you sit around and let them get on top you might as well be saying you think that it's okay, and that's not right. And if it's not right you have to put it right.
    BubblesGoesBooElizabeth
    Shaunie said:
    Does anyone else keep saying the title of this thread in stevies vioce from Miranda, in their head ?

Now you will anyway. 
    Such fun

No one? Really? Loll
    Laine
    I won the class election. Got 19 out of 30 votes.
    BubblesGoesBooEd_ElizabethLaine
    Kasa2103 said:
    Well done kasa! 💖
    Ed_Laine
    Kasa2103 said:
    Well done kasa! 💖
    Thank you.
    I started sorting out my room. Like my draws and shit. But its taken me hours and im still not finished. Threw stuff in the bin and done my washing. Still have draws i need to sort and my whole waredrobe. But i cba now
    BubblesGoesBooLaine
    @Shaunie maybe take a break and do the rest tomorrow?

Also thank you for this post, I don't know why but its given me motivation to do the same 😊
    Shaunie
  • GreenTeaGreenTea The best. The moonPosts: 1,543 Postholic
    Spoke to a jewellery company about them making a mental health awareness charm for their bracelets and the idea was passed on to the design department and hopefully I can help with the creation! 
    Laine
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Carer/Craft Lover Posts: 2,483 Mega Poster
    Completed my first real exam of the year with minimal anxiety and stress .... I really have come along way with sitting exams and I managed to answer all the questions on the paper 
    “ I believe that you have the power to achieve whatever you put your mind too, You are living a life’s most people won’t  ever understand but that’s what will Be the root of all your determination and success. You have a soul full of love and kindness and I just know that despite all the hardship, a life’s of happiness awaits you and I’m very proud of you, just keep holding on” 
    BubblesGoesBooElizabethLaine
    Found out I've Done 600 hours volunteering! 💃💃
    LaineElizabeth
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Posts: 1,395 Fanatical Poster
    Yes @Shaunie ! I wanted to make this thread to share proud moments to keep us going and i struggled so long for a title before i remembered miranda haha i absolutely love that show 

As for me, I'm proud i did my exam yesterday, got out of bed this morning and took my new inhaler this morning 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

It's my life It's now or never
    I ain't gonna live forever
    I just want to live while I'm alive
    (It's my life)
    My heart is like an open highway
    Like Frankie said I did it my way
    I just want to live while I'm alive It's my life ~ Bon Jovi

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
    ElizabethShaunie
    Did some of my jigsaw🧩
    Laine
    I said embarrassing thing i group chat and i really regret it. Glad it wasnt here where it stay. But anyway. Took  A LOTTT for me to do
    ElizabethLaine
    I am applying to be on a TV show. Has anyone ever heard of Step Up To The Plate? That is the show I am applying for. But so are about 20 other girls from my school.
    Laine
    Nearly finished applying for peer support worker job
    ElizabethJade09Laine
  • GreenTeaGreenTea The best. The moonPosts: 1,543 Postholic
    Communicated how I feel mentally. Instead of holding it all up till breakdown happens
    Jade09Laine
    Made my dads birthday cake. Looks like shitt. But took forever

Kathleen07Laine
    edited February 6
    A year ago today I posted about my trauma for the first time on social media. The support i  received was incredible, the same this year. One comment still rings true 'they may have tried to break me but I will show them how enormously they failed.' and that's what I'm doing. I may still struggle with nightmares and flashbacks and voices but the biggest thing I can do right now is to just live. This time last year I had 3 hospital admissions in 3 weeks, now I am over 3 months admission free, yes I still have bad days, and horrendous days, but I refuse to let them take anymore of my life from me. #sexualabuseandsexualviolenceawarenessweek 
    Kathleen07Laine
    Emailed adult social care about my mum