Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Awkard choice?

L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
So well this is awkard for me bassically the incidents I’ve had with delivery couriers. I had one quite recently and well even though this isn’t the first time and it’s been reported to police who got back quickly this is the time there may be evidence however I have to decide whether to press charges or not.  The thing is I’m worried that if they don’t get punished they’ll keep continuing doing it but also I don’t want the hassle and stress of going to court if I decide to press charges. 

If anyone else has had similar experiences how did you deal with the decision.

Comments

• L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    ???
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @L100

Do you want to talk a bit more about the incidents you've had with the couriers? Sorry if I've misunderstood your post, and understand if you'd rather not talk about it. But think for any of us to try and help it would be good to have a vague (you don't need to share details if you'd rather not) idea of what happened? If it's been reported to police then I can only assume it is something serious and that has affected you and I'm really sorry to hear that if so. Hope we can help <3

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Sorry, I'm a little confused - what incident happened? Package theft?x

<3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

It’s harassment with the delivery couriers on 🚲  bicycles everytime I’m in town (I don’t want to give the name of company out for there own safety) I don’t really want to go into details as that makes me even more fearful of going into town (Even though security and police are aware of them) and well I have too tommorow to get my laptop fixed. I lm already nervous thinking about it that’s why I’m still up and I don’t tend to get to sleep till 11.30 or midnight and I wake up around 5-6am automatically before trying to go back to sleep. (I never used to get this problem If anyone wants more details you can PM me and I’ll get back tommorow afternoon because I might be able to give more details. After I’ve come back from town tommorow

However whenever I have these incidents I hardly control my diabeties and rarely brush my teeth however eventually I get back into it. I guess not controlling my diabeties is my way of self harming but when I get moaned at to much I eventually get back into controlling and brushing my teeth. 

Sorry this is quick I get anxious when ever I think of above as well. 

Also can stress cause you to be sick and throw up becaue I’ve been thinking too much about the incident above as it’s not been the first time and just can’t relax. When I tried to I ended up throwing up yellow spit and I dont want eat anything which is bad and can affect my diabeties. 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    L100 said:
    Also can stress cause you to be sick and throw up becaue I’ve been thinking too much about the incident above as it’s not been the first time and just can’t relax. When I tried to I ended up throwing up yellow spit and I dont want eat anything which is bad and can affect my diabeties. 
    Absolutely @L100. Stress can do all sorts of nasty physical things to you, including feeling/being sick, physical pains (I got them in my chest because of stress once - super scary!), or illness.

The decision of whether to go through police/court proceedings is a really tough one. Taking something to court is almost always a stressful thing and it's definitely worth considering the weight of that against the possibility of this continuing. Ideally, you shouldn't have to make that decision but unfortunately our legal system means these things are brutal for everyone.

One thing I would think about is how you might feel if you went through court but didn't get the result you wanted because, depending on the evidence available, that's a possibility. It might also be worth considering other ways to stop this happening. For example, could you move house?

This definitely feels like a personal decision and something you have to weigh up, but I'd recommend really thinking about each option and potentially seeking legal advice - Citizens Advice are good and completely free if you haven't used them before.

The one thing I'd say personally is that it sounds like some kind of change or legal action here sounds like it would be good for you, rather than knuckling down and trying to live with it. It sounds like this is having a pretty adverse effect on you and you deserve freedom from that. :)

Have you had any thoughts on this since you last posted?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike said:
    L100 said:
    Absolutely @L100. Stress can do all sorts of nasty physical things to you, including feeling/being sick, physical pains (I got them in my chest because of stress once - super scary!), or illness.

The decision of whether to go through police/court proceedings is a really tough one. Taking something to court is almost always a stressful thing and it's definitely worth considering the weight of that against the possibility of this continuing. Ideally, you shouldn't have to make that decision but unfortunately our legal system means these things are brutal for everyone.

One thing I would think about is how you might feel if you went through court but didn't get the result you wanted because, depending on the evidence available, that's a possibility. It might also be worth considering other ways to stop this happening. For example, could you move house?

This definitely feels like a personal decision and something you have to weigh up, but I'd recommend really thinking about each option and potentially seeking legal advice - Citizens Advice are good and completely free if you haven't used them before.

The one thing I'd say personally is that it sounds like some kind of change or legal action here sounds like it would be good for you, rather than knuckling down and trying to live with it. It sounds like this is having a pretty adverse effect on you and you deserve freedom from that. :)

Have you had any thoughts on this since you last posted?
    nope bexause im trying to concentrate on my work and volunteering
    i dont even like spending time with my friends and rarely go to cinema with them for the same reason but we do other things that arent as near as them but i always end up seeing them afterwads which is when something ussually happens *

i dont want to move house either because i have to many things i enjoy. So i would loose those and my friends, housemate. also the only way would be if j moved to a different county as my town centre js a hub that
    branches out into different towns and well before already moved to a different branch  and i dont know any other options.

it also doesnt help when bystanders come up following week saying theyve seen them do it and leave. i dont get why people say this. 

what is citizens advice?

im probably not the only one as when i first told security they said its happened to
    other people and even them.

im worried if nothing happens that they’ll do it to the wrong person or end up following me home or start on my friend as well and then theyll start doing stuff and that would also scare my housemate etc..

sometimes it gets to much and it makes me feel like i want to end my life. 
    however i dont want to either. it also doenst help that ive got a feeling a similar thing might be happening to my friend because she self harming but doesnt want to talk about it.