Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mum

molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
My mums been more irritable and down, maybe even anxious (I’m not too sure because she never says). I’m aware that she’s at the age of going through the menopause, but I don’t know what to do. The thought of her getting older and seeing her go through all these changes when i know she’s anxious about it herself makes me anxious. I know I can’t stop her from getting older but it breaks me that it’s happening :( I’m always gonna be here to support her and love her but is there anything I can do to make this easier? Or put my mind at ease about the situation? ❤️

Comments

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Awh I know what you mean! Growing older is a part of life, and at some point we will all grow old and live our last days on here. That's why it's so important to appreciate each day and live our lives to the fullest, because what if tomorrow never comes? Our time is finite, so let's use it well and bring joy to loved ones x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @mol

It sounds like how your mum has been feeling recently has been worrying you, and you feel that you aren't sure what to do in terms of helping her which is a tough position to be in.  <3 It's amazing that you want to be there to support and help her though!

If she is going through the menopause then that can definitely impact mood for some people, this website here talks about how the menopause can cause mood changes, and how these can be managed, which may be worth a read!  :)

Have you been able to talk to your mum at all about this and how its making you feel?  <3

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @mol

I just wanted to say I relate to this thread so much. I felt very similar ways when my mum was going through the menopause and it was an anxious time for sure - but it gets better :heart: I personally spoke to my mum, just to say I've noticed she isn't quite herself at the moment and was wondering if she would look into getting any support. She ended up visiting a GP and talking to a friend who had been through it too, and it really helped her. How would you feel about speaking to your mum?

Take good care x