Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The “last movie you watched” thread

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    The greatest showman, brilliant film! 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2020
    The Irishman. Think I made a mistake watching it all in one sitting (3.5 hours!), but it's a great piece of work. About what you'd expect from a Scorsese mob epic. Ridiculously talented cast. Refreshing to watch something like this after watching a lot of Star Wars recently.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Need something to watch tonight, any suggestions? 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited January 2020
    Need something to watch tonight, any suggestions? 
    If you haven't seen it, I think Marriage Story was my favourite movie of last year. :)

Make sure you have tissues ready if you do decide to watch it though!
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It takes two
    Aidan said:
    Got a DVD player for crimbo so watched the most christmassy film ever, Aliens

What is aliens?
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I watched Klaus on Netflix with my family for Christmas and it was so good! One of the best animated movies I've ever seen it was so pretty and funny.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Mary poppins returns 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Mary poppins returns 

I LOVED THAT FILM
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Moana
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I really really want to watch Alita
    Beauty and the beast
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Saw Little Women with my best friend yesterday!
    Hole in the ground
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea said:
    Aidan said:
    Got a DVD player for crimbo so watched the most christmassy film ever, Aliens

What is aliens?
    Aliens is a great film. 

Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 are all worth watching. As a trilogy it works. Forget the rest.
    Weekender Offender 
    Last film I watch was 1917.

Seriously impressed. If you're going to see one film at the cinema this year make it this one.
    Weekender Offender 
    Jumanji
    Aidan said:
    Skive said:
    Aliens is a great film. 

Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 are all worth watching. As a trilogy it works. Forget the rest.
    For me at least, Alien 3 is the last Alien, and Terminator 2 is the last Terminator
    I was a massive fan of Aliens as a kid.

There used to be an Aliens experience 'ride' at the Trocedero in London. As a 12 year old it was pretty thrilling. Stobe lights, props, marines, dark tunnels, actors in the real Alien suits. Was mental.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_War
    Weekender Offender 
    @Skive said:
    Last film I watch was 1917.

Seriously impressed. If you're going to see one film at the cinema this year make it this one.
    Managed to see 1917 in the biggest screen in my local cinema. Amazing piece of work.

The single-shot style really works for the story being told, and the cinematography is absolutely gorgeous. Roger Deakins kills it again as the director of photography (also worked on Blade Runner 2049, Sicario, Prisoners). I'm a total sucker for a nice looking movie.

Also, the tension is SO well crafted. After that scene with the rat in the bunker, it felt like I was holding my breath for the rest of the movie. I also need to acknowledge the Johnny Cash scene which is basically the only relief you get for the whole film - what a beautiful moment.

On another note, I saw JoJo Rabbit recently. A fun and emotional watch. Would recommend.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Watching Much Ado About Nothing in my English lessons at school. One of the male characters is so fit. I think he is 2nd in line to be my future husband. And also me and my classmates were whistling and giggling when the characters were naked. How is a film with such nudity rated a PG-13? It should be an 18.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    edited January 2020
    I haven't really watched any movies lately but I'm planning on watching Stranger Than Fiction on Netflix later tonight. I'll have to let you all know how it is. =)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    The prodigy
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Get Smart 
    Non-stop
    Parasite. Twice.

Absolutely remarkable.

Bonus GIF of Bong Joon-Ho's wholesome Oscar reaction:
    Bong Joon Ho Oscars GIF by Fishbowl
    Totally didnt watch the bee movie today 😂
    not a movie but watching PLL again :)
    I watched the first toy story film today! Absolutely love toy story
    The girl on the third floor
    All the bright places