Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What’s a super moderator?

independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,608 Legendary Poster
Sooo... another thing I feel I’ve missed lol, super moderators.

Why are super moderators called ‘super’ moderators? How are they different to ordinary boards moderators? Is it something to do with how long they’ve been modding or cause they mod boards and chat or something else?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions ;) 
“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

Comments

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @independent_

Super moderators have a bit more responsibility, including responding to other board moderators/rels squad's debrief's,and some other stuff, I'm fairly new to the super mod role, but hope this has helped a bit. I think to become a super mod people have to have been a mod for a set period of time, 

:heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,276 Part of The Furniture

Super mods have a bit more responsibility than regular mods. They work with us to train new boards volunteers and support existing ones more broadly, partly by checking in with them after shifts and providing feedback when needed. And as Stephanie said, only experienced and/or particularly strong moderators are eligible to progress to that role. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,454 Skive's The Limit
    I dunno. But i had the super mod title for about a solid minute until it was changed back cause was accient but enjoyed it while it lasted anyways loll 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,276 Part of The Furniture
    @Shaunie said:
    I dunno. But i had the super mod title for about a solid minute until it was changed back cause was accient but enjoyed it while it lasted anyways loll 
    friday clock GIF
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.