Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I spoke to my manager about the fact I'm not coping well with full days, so she's going to ask head office about reducing my hours for a month or two 😁😁 don't know if it will be possible since I'm on a contract but at least I asked 😊
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Today I actually remembered that the uniform policy for my volunteering does not count when there is a meeting  (I volunteer at my gymnastics club along with about 20 other young people- we all do different days and times and we all have to wear a specific blue t-shirt with the club logo when volunteering due to safeguarding reasons.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Just applied for my dream Job in my dream city... Keep everything crossed for me 🤞🤞
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I survived the first day of term. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Shaunie said:
    Does anyone else keep saying the title of this thread in stevies vioce from Miranda, in their head ?

Now you will anyway. 
    Such fun

No one? Really? Loll
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I won the class election. Got 19 out of 30 votes.
    Kasa2103 said:
    Well done kasa! 💖
    Kasa2103 said:
    Well done kasa! 💖
    Thank you.
    I started sorting out my room. Like my draws and shit. But its taken me hours and im still not finished. Threw stuff in the bin and done my washing. Still have draws i need to sort and my whole waredrobe. But i cba now
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Shaunie maybe take a break and do the rest tomorrow?

Also thank you for this post, I don't know why but its given me motivation to do the same 😊
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Spoke to a jewellery company about them making a mental health awareness charm for their bracelets and the idea was passed on to the design department and hopefully I can help with the creation! 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Completed my first real exam of the year with minimal anxiety and stress .... I really have come along way with sitting exams and I managed to answer all the questions on the paper 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Found out I've Done 600 hours volunteering! 💃💃
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Yes @Shaunie ! I wanted to make this thread to share proud moments to keep us going and i struggled so long for a title before i remembered miranda haha i absolutely love that show 

As for me, I'm proud i did my exam yesterday, got out of bed this morning and took my new inhaler this morning 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Did some of my jigsaw🧩
    I said embarrassing thing i group chat and i really regret it. Glad it wasnt here where it stay. But anyway. Took  A LOTTT for me to do
    I am applying to be on a TV show. Has anyone ever heard of Step Up To The Plate? That is the show I am applying for. But so are about 20 other girls from my school.
    Nearly finished applying for peer support worker job
    Communicated how I feel mentally. Instead of holding it all up till breakdown happens
    Made my dads birthday cake. Looks like shitt. But took forever

edited February 2020
    A year ago today I posted about my trauma for the first time on social media. The support i  received was incredible, the same this year. One comment still rings true 'they may have tried to break me but I will show them how enormously they failed.' and that's what I'm doing. I may still struggle with nightmares and flashbacks and voices but the biggest thing I can do right now is to just live. This time last year I had 3 hospital admissions in 3 weeks, now I am over 3 months admission free, yes I still have bad days, and horrendous days, but I refuse to let them take anymore of my life from me. #sexualabuseandsexualviolenceawarenessweek 
    Emailed adult social care about my mum
    Went to universal credit meeting
    Didn't punch my colleague in the face 🙃
    Got a promotion.. kinda
    Spoke to the school counsellor earlier about some stuff I am going through 
    I recently got myself an iPad and I love it but even better last night I found that I could dictate my assignment straight onto a word document and I actually wanted to cry . I have always found verbalising what I want to say easier than trying to write it down and now a section on my assignment that Normally takes me an hour because of having to try and work out how to word  it And correct spellings etc took me 15 minutes 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited March 2020
    Today’s massive middle finger to ED - a brownie and strawberries and cream drink from costa 

@Millie2787 Woo! so proud of you! look at you slaying it and all that <3
    I am proud cause doing some shopping on amazon and got a gift card from my sister for Christmas but I don't have the heart to use it on destructive things cause I know that's not what she wants and feel guilty/bad doing that, so instead ordering the 365 days of self care journal for me :)
    as much as my brain wants to use it for destructive things, I am stronger than that devil on my shoulder and today im slapping it right in the face!