Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I need support (weight) :(

molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
edited December 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
So a couple of months ago I was put on meds for my anxiety, they had a side effect of weight gain and increased appetite. For me that was perfectly fine because I was 5ft7 & struggling to put on weight. The doctor told me he gave the same meds to a girl similar to me, she gained weight, but when she was taken off it she lost all of the weight. Recently I was taken off it because it wasn’t helping my anxiety and I’m dreading the day I lose the weight that the meds helped me gain. I finally feel normal, I look and feel healthy. I finally love my body and feel confident in my body and it sucks that I can’t stay like it. I know I was warned but it sucks :( 

[weights removed by moderator]
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited December 2019
    Heyy,

i guess its up to you but you said its not helping with your anxiety but sounds like it is with your weight and how you feel about your weight. So i was wondering if its an option to stay on it?  Just outa interest what med is it? Have you had it checked out to see what youre underweight like your thyroid or something?

take care <3
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey Mol,

Just wanted to let you know I've made a few minor edits to your post to remove the numbers from your post, as this can sometimes be difficult for people to read. Appreciate that this wouldn't have been your intention though :3 

It's great that you've found the changes that the meds have brought a real boost for your confidence in yourself. As Shaunie mentioned, it may be worth speaking to a doctor to see if they can understand why things have changed since you stopped taking the meds? They may also be able to point to other things that you can do to maintain things at a point where you feel happy with things.

The thing to hold on to is that you have got to a place where you have felt confident and positive about your body, and that is a good thing. Over time, our bodies change and things will fluctuate, but it's worth remembering that the confidence you have remains within you, and with support, you can find ways to hold on to these feelings throughout periods of change. 

It's good you've found our community, I'm sure you'll find plenty of supportive and friendly people around to help :3

Take care,

Ed
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    Shaunie said:
    Heyy,

i guess its up to you but you said its not helping with your anxiety but sounds like it is with your weight and how you feel about your weight. So i was wondering if its an option to stay on it?  Just outa interest what med is it? Have you had it checked out to see what youre underweight like your thyroid or something?

take care <3
    I don’t think staying on it was an option, the doctor said he’s more concerned about sorting out my anxiety because that can stop me from eating anyway. I’ve had many tests done to see if it’s my thyroid or anything else it could be and there’s literally nothing. I’m just tiny and find it difficult to gain the weight :( 
    thank you😘
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @mol

I'm you had a positive experience with the weight gain and made you feel confident. Some people are blessed or cursed with not being able to gain weight just because of how their bodies adapt. 

You might not lose the weight, maybe that girl decided to diet after she came off the medication which is why she lost it or maybe it was water weight. I had something similar where I was on medication that made me gain weight, then I came off them, dieted and dropped the weight, but I don't think I would have if I didn't change my diet. So maybe as long as you don't change your diet drastically and your appetite is still there you might stay at your weight. If not, maybe it can be something you talk to your doctor about and maybe there is some kind of help you can get to help increase your weight.
    mags98 said:
    Hi @mol

I'm you had a positive experience with the weight gain and made you feel confident. Some people are blessed or cursed with not being able to gain weight just because of how their bodies adapt. 

You might not lose the weight, maybe that girl decided to diet after she came off the medication which is why she lost it or maybe it was water weight. I had something similar where I was on medication that made me gain weight, then I came off them, dieted and dropped the weight, but I don't think I would have if I didn't change my diet. So maybe as long as you don't change your diet drastically and your appetite is still there you might stay at your weight. If not, maybe it can be something you talk to your doctor about and maybe there is some kind of help you can get to help increase your weight.
    I feel hungry but I don’t have an appetite, like I don’t fancy eating anything, I don’t want anything 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey mol, how are you getting on? How are you finding things without the meds? 💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    edited January 2020
    Hey @mol

Just wanted to check in and see how things have been going since you last posted?  <3

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hey @BubblesGoesBoo@Jade09
    At the moment my weight is kinda at a standstill so I don’t know how things will go, tryna get my eating sorted as I still don’t have much want for food. Ive had a few meltdowns because I’ve been struggling, a few anxiety attacks but hopefully it’ll all get sorted eventually. 
    Thank you❤️