Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Action for happiness - January

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
Hey Guys , 
I came across this on Facebook again and I know some of you liked it when I posted them a few times so here’s January Calander :) 

I’ll start with Yesterday’s <3
The 3 things I’m looking forward to this year are;
1. My first concert that is in November 
2. I’m going to meet a friend on Saturday for the first time 
3.Working I’m raising more awareness of Young carers and our mental health 

Have fun :) 
Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    1: holidays!
    2: making it to 25
    3: working the jobs I love
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    To look forward this year
    1. Christmas lol
    2. To finishing my lion king jigsaw
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Oh this is such a great calendar! <3

1st: Seeing my best friends again, holiday, moving out
    2nd: I treated myself to a pampering evening 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    2nd ~ Tonight I made sure I did my night self care face routine , got to get rid of those spots somehow ;) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    2nd- I brushed my hair
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    3 things I'm looking forward to 
    1 - holidays 
    2 - my birthday 
    3 - enjoying life 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    2nd - watched my fav film 😊
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Day 3 ~ today I’m letting mum have a huge snooze day as she was working all night last night so I’m going to clean the house and cook dinner tonight to save her getting up <3
    3)I sent a group of friends on discord a really nice message and organised us a quiz night to do 💜
    I'm greatful for friends
    I'm greatft for My mistakes, they help me learn in future.
    I'm grateful for enemies, showing me who I don't want to be and that no life is a fairy tale.
    I'm greatful for the basic things I have that meet my basic needs 

I am grateful for all these things and more! 

I still count it as saturday cause havent gone to sleep yet sorry

i am grateful of my sisters & dad
    teddy
    for the nhs and police stuff even if is in crisis
    grateful of cosy socks

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Not going outside apart from walking to/from work, have you seen the weather? 😂 But on my feet for 9 hours today so it counts right? 😉
    I’m going to swap yesterday’s and today’s activities around becuase yesterday I spent the day wondering around Liverpool and it was lovely even visited the docks during dark before heading home and it was lovely.

Things im grateful for is ;
    My dog Louie because he knows when I’m anxious and agitated so knows how to calm me down. 
    For a small group of a few friends who understand what when I’m nervous and anxious I talk ALOT so don’t tell me off for it.
    My carers worker for believing in me and giving me the confidence to do things 
    Walked around the river 👌 perfecto and peaceful
    Yesterday was the first day back at college so it was filled wirh Ohh I like your hair or ohh I like your new top get it for Christmas? 

Today I have art therapy and she always makes me ya and do mindfullness for the first 10 minutes 
    Practicing my breathing skills I learnt in therapy after a crappy night last night, it's needed! 💖
    I try to practice breathing stuff when I can
    My lunch break. I sat down and just breathed. 
    edited January 2020
    People I thanked tthat I was grateful for 
    My fav colleagues ✔️ (a few of them) 
    My work mam ✔️
    My parents ✔️ (my dad cried 🙄😭) 
    Today when reading over my coursework I realised I had be writting about the wrong thing and instead of getting all panicked and upset I went downstairs to the canteen got a hot drink and took some time to just think 💭