Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Omg. Well this was tooo stressful but done now. The iceing was too hard. 
    Looks bad lol. Can tell the cake is made from cupcakes hahah 😭😭👻

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    My view for the past 30 mins hahahha

Lol send help. 😂😭😭😭 
    "why you late for work" got stuck in the bathroom😂

my old sister is coming soon but dunno when. The handle is broke on my side which why wont pull the thingy down. But the other side should work

I fixed the door!!!! Got a new handle. So proud of myself lol. Had to do some drilling with a cheap drill and took me ages hhaha. 

The door handle looks much better. Took the door handle off when it happened so havent had door handle but i did!!! 
    Tempting to buy more to do it to every door now cause looks better

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Put the toilet seat back down. :)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Kept myself safe and now relaxing with a hot water bottle and YouTube! 💗
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Showered for the first time in days 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    This week I became a graduate.
    I have officially graduated university.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    This week I became a graduate.
    I have officially graduated university.

Woooopwoooooop congratulations!!!!! 
    Skive said:
    Put the toilet seat back down. :)
    This made me laugh sooo much looool
    edited November 2019
    Went to counselling and did my hair this morning. Well finished trying to cutting it. 

I dont like it though lol. Growing it out already haha

i may take up hair dressing though cause it aint to shabby if i say so myself;)

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Put in a tampon. Much better than pads. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    I was vulnerable.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike said:
    I was vulnerable.
    Oh no. But you got through it.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Mike said:
    I was vulnerable.
    YESSSSSS Mike!! 
    And that is the real thing I was drawing. He is called Dereck. I even got a selfie with him at the end of the lesson.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Last night I got to go and open a children in need call centre 💕
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    That's awesome! Good for you @Millie2787. What a cool moment that must have been.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike said:
    That's awesome! Good for you @Millie2787. What a cool moment that must have been.
    @Mike it was a really lovely thing ! It was the first year that they had a group
    of us who are funded by BBC CiN to do it and even  Had to dress us peaky blinders theme so that was always an interesting time and left me looking like a right idiot  😅
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    A guy's recycling blew over so I chased it and put it back for him (until he came out, then we were doing it together :lol:). He seemed thankful and shook my hand so I hope I've managed to please someone for once.
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    Went to get my nails done.
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    A guy's recycling blew over so I chased it and put it back for him (until he came out, then we were doing it together :lol:). He seemed thankful and shook my hand so I hope I've managed to please someone for once.
    @Kathleen07 that's a really lovely thing to do for someone! I'm sure he was very appreciative of your kindness. 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear

Started to tidy my room and half made my bed with my new bedding I had for Christmas. The last time my bedding was made was 4 months ago when I moved in. I never change my bedding.
  • AdamAdam Deactivated Posts: 25 Boards Initiate
    Lubna said:

Started to tidy my room and half made my bed with my new bedding I had for Christmas. The last time my bedding was made was 4 months ago when I moved in. I never change my bedding.
    That's fantastic @Lubna, it looks amazing! :grin:
    Cleared away some christmas stuff this morning. Took ages
    Went to counselling was so tired thought wouldnt make it
    Today I travelled to Liverpool for the first time ever to meet some friends which involved swapping trains half way and I’m so glad I did it I got this pretty picture of the Docks at night 😍

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    edited January 2020
    Not proud so to speak, but happy (just didn't know where to put this) all mam wanted for Christmas was that cinnamon diet coke but no where here was selling it (troubles of island life) and couldn't buy it online. I just offered her a bottle of clementine diet coke and she was like 'nah, I just wanted the cinnamon one' little does she know there's 2 bottles coming in the post for her from my lovely friend in England 😁 can't wait to see her face when it comes, it's the little things in life 😂

Edit : let's all just pray it doesn't explode in the post 😂😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited September 2023
    Went to work and also looked at how long ive been working! Nearly 4 years. How have i done it

Post edited by JustV on
    edited January 2020
    Does anyone else keep saying the title of this thread in stevies vioce from Miranda, in their head ?

Now you will anyway. 
    Such fun