Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Me and my best friend have been besties for 10 years. Literally love that girl 💜💜
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    Feeling better than yesterday
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Im finding it easier to take pills without gaging or feeling so sick from feeling it go down my throat since past overdoses. It is good cause means im likely to for the first time stick with the anti depressants and take my vitamins regular enough to get my levels back up. Tho its increasing my thoughts of ODing 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Me and my mom went shopping to buy the staff (who are working tonight and tomorrow) some mince pies and sweets :) Then we were getting off the bus home, I handed the bus driver some mince pies and his smile brightened me and mom's evening.

We're just hoping we don't give anyone an allergic reaction or whatnot, my mom has a cold so fingers crossed that doesn't spread to them!
    edited December 2019
    my mood just went up by like 5 lol. 

Im using my sisters money until i get paid i have to just give it all back so i really shouldnt be getting stuff for myself or anything really when ive nearly spent all her money and i get paid in 3 weeks. But i literally could not help myself
    We'll just call it an investment lol

i got this coat from newlook for £10!!!

It doesnt say its on sale on the website

but i got the last one in the shop and for once it was in my size, size 8. So was proper happy cause i love coats like these. I have one in grey but way too old now and was gunna get exact same one but theu are like 35 usually. But omg £10 lol. Love a good bargin

Just saved a chicken. I eat meat so i cAnt really say that but making me wanna go veggie
    there was one gate open that has chickens in so tried to scare it that way & went in then closed the gate. Why di they have chickens. But It safe now....until they have their dinner

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Got my nails done 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Had the best taxi driver ever. Turned up in a mini bus, put me in the front seat and gave me chocolate and we had a pretty ace chat 👌👌
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Got my nails done 

They're awesome! 😍
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Got my nails done 

Lovely nails. Hope you had a good and safe night out 
    It's my 6 year anniversary on 'the site' aka the mix.. @Mike where's my cake? 😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Had an absolute blast playing games with friends this evening!
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster

Omg that's awesome! 🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂 I don't know if the cake emoji shows up but I hope you get an achievement or something :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
     i never thought i'd still be alive in 2020. 
    but im still here.

"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    See my counsellor tomorrow
    So happy, cut one majorly toxic person out of my life in 2019 and was the best decision, 2020 and only the decent people made the cut 😂 yes, that includes you lot 😊
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,783 Master Poster
    My period is late
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Instagram meet up in London and I'm so excited to go!
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2020
    @Eyepatch said:
     i never thought i'd still be alive in 2020. 
    but im still here.

Good to see you round again Eyepatch. :) Kudos for making it through another year.

You get a cake-shaped badge if that counts, Bubbles. ;)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    We love self care baths and skin care routines .... plus fern cottons new sleep stuff is really helping me sleep like no joke I’ve gone from 3/4 hours to 7/8 hours on the nights I use it 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
     new charms on my nomination bracelet! Erk love it
    Hattie Gladwell just retweeted me 😍😍
    What did I do to deserve such wonderful people in my life 🤗
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Holding a baby was the silver lining for me yesterday. He was so cute and squidgy. I wasn't expecting his dad to let me hold he but after we got talking, he said that I could pick the 5 month old up. I smiled the whole time and the baby liked me too.

I've become a bit of a regular at the library, all I do is study. Every now and again somone brings a little ones and it's just the best thing ever! It's a nice break from studying playing with kids.

I can't wait to have my own, but not anytime soon 😅 if anything, I'll get a summer job at a nursery. It's been a godsend having signed up to the. Gov CRB because it saves money having to do one every year for work. 
    30% discount at the hotel I normally stay at in Aberdeen, I do feel like a holiday is on the horizon 🤔😁
    Found this hummus that’ taste so nice , caramelised onion from Aldi 😍 love it with toasted pita bread 
    Found this hummus that’ taste so nice , caramelised onion from Aldi 😍 love it with toasted pita bread 
    I've had the one and it tastes 🤩
    BubblesGoesBoo said:
    30% discount at the hotel I normally stay at in Aberdeen, I do feel like a holiday is on the horizon 🤔😁
    My SO and I want to travel to Scotland this year, or maybe the next year. I want 30% of too 😲
    Had a lovely evening with friends. We were adults and went to the range that recently opened and went for coffee and a good rant/ life chat. 
    Couldn't ask for better people to be around. Starting to feel more social and have more friends
    Haven’t seen my nephew in over a week and I’ve come to look after him today and been greeted with the most beautiful smiles 😍