Home Travel & Free Time
Fill out The Mix's Annual User Survey for a chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!
Need support urgently? Click here

Playlist Challenge #4

Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 571 Moderator
edited January 12 in Travel & Free Time
Hey everyone!

Sorry the playlist challenge is up a couple of days late, I’ve been to London and visited Winter Wonderland! Feeling very festive now ☃️

So, you’ve probably guessed already what the theme for this month is going to be but it is...

CHRISTMAS 🎄

It’s time to suggest your favourite Christmas songs! This month also, as a Christmas special we are going to be picking the winner for the best Christmas song and you will be rewarded with a prize! 

Have fun! 😊 

Comments

• AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,156 Boards Champion
    edited December 2019
    Fairytale of New York!

"Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
    BubblesGoesBooMikeJade09
  • MikeMike Screen addict 🎮 LondonPosts: 2,668 Community Manager
    Aidan said:
    Fairytale of New York!

Beat me to it! Easily the best of the bunch.

In a close second, though - Stop The Cavalry

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Jade09
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 This Is Me! ❤👅👌🤓💃🎤 South EastPosts: 3,779 Community Veteran
    Away In A Manger. Definitely a classic!

Santa Shark. It is a Christmas version of Baby Shark. 

Driving Home For Christmas by Chris Rea.

Cozy Little Christmas by Katy Perry.

Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    Jade09
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling DurhamPosts: 440 Moderator
    edited December 2019
  • Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 571 Moderator
    Loving all the songs guys! Keep them coming  :3
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 This Is Me! ❤👅👌🤓💃🎤 South EastPosts: 3,779 Community Veteran
    One of the deputy headteachers at my school absolutely loves Fairytale of New York.

Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    Its a great song! @Kasa2103
    Kasa2103
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,530 Community Veteran
    these 2 songs though, so underrated <3

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Jade09Ed_
  • Ed_Ed_ Posts: 423 Community Manager
    edited December 2019
    May be controversial, but I don't mind Coldplay's Christmas song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1rYmzQ8C9Q
    "Such is the way of the world, you can never know, Just where to put all your faith, And how will it grow. Gonna rise up, Burning black holes in dark memories, Gonna rise up, Turning mistakes into gold" Eddie Vedder
    Jade09
    Love all these songs so far! 😊
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,131 Skive's The Limit
    Only the greatest Christmas song ever

East 17 - Stay Another DAy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wNhdjoF-6M
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
    Jade09_John
  • _John_John Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    edited December 2019
    Gonna choose something 'Out of the Ordinary'.

Geraldine McQueen (Peter Kay) - Once Upon A Christmas Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2fgbN6vTY0

Edit: I don't think this song is on Spotify if you're planning to set up a playlist there.
    "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."  - Sun Tzu
    Jade09
    Just bumping this thread up, keep em coming everyone!  <3
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 2,207 Moderator
    Love the Santa Shark song @Kasa2103! Everyone has shared some great Christmas songs this year!

I hope it's not too late to add a song! Mine is Bastille - Can’t Fight This Feeling. It's been one of my fav Christmas song for this year <3

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Jade09
    Not too late @Aife Great suggestion! 
    Hey everyone!

Thank you all for your suggestions over the month of December, there's been some awesome songs mentioned and it was a hard choice of who to pick for choosing the best song... 

But the winner is...

I wish it could be Christmas everyday! - Wham. Which was suggested by @chubbydumpling ! @The Mix team will contact you to talk about the prize pretty soon.  :)

Well done to the winner and thank you to everyone for taking part and making an awesome playlist this month! 
  • MikeMike Screen addict 🎮 LondonPosts: 2,668 Community Manager
    Feels weird to share this when it's not Christmas, but you can find this playlist here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5T5IqPMTfbQGMttxqRbdbT
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.