Home Anything Goes
Fill out our Discussion Boards user survey for a chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!

Suggest makeup looks?

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m ✨dead✨ England 🏠Posts: 10,967 An Original Mixlorian
    I dont think it makes any difference to whether you use a cheap make up brush compared to branded one/more expensive ?
    𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕
  • LubnaLubna Posts: 496 Budding Regular

This is a makeup practice I did a couple of years ago 🧡
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Bpd bitch ✌🏼 Posts: 791 Part of The Mix Family
    Was feeling a bit extra today so here ya go rainbow eyes 

The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Salix_alba_2019ThePigeons
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,163 Community Veteran
    I won some makeup at school yesterday. I might try some on and get a photo  (usually very camera shy.)
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    Salix_alba_2019
  • Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 576 Moderator
    I love this thread, there is so much inspiration!  :3
    Salix_alba_2019
    Going to get my eyelashes done😀 will post a pic after 
    Salix_alba_2019

Eye lashes done
    Nails done
    Hair done 
    Salix_alba_2019Jade09ThePigeons
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Moderator
    This thread is amazing - I wish I had enough time to do my makeup properly! It clearly shows that practice makes perfect because all of the looks here are stunning  :3
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m ✨dead✨ England 🏠Posts: 10,967 An Original Mixlorian
    Ignore my hair. Is a complete mess these days loll. 

But ive been on youtube watching a lot of eyeshadow for hooded eyes/ if dont have much eye lis space so can make your eyes look more awake and all that and i think this is how you do it. Basically put the mid shade a lot higher than your actual creese- so you can see it when you open your eyes. put the darker shade of brown in the outer corners of your eye lids in a v shape. Then put a light colour in the middle then blend it all and only hight the a timy bit below your eyebrow and highlight in the corner of your eye and put the mid shade on the bottom of your eyes but thin. 
    So some youtubers say anyway

I dunno of you can tell thats what ive tried to do. 

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕
    JellyelephantThePigeons
    Shaunie said:
    Ignore my hair. Is a complete mess these days loll. 

But ive been on youtube watching a lot of eyeshadow for hooded eyes/ if dont have much eye lis space so can make your eyes look more awake and all that and i think this is how you do it. Basically put the mid shade a lot higher than your actual creese- so you can see it when you open your eyes. put the darker shade of brown in the outer corners of your eye lids in a v shape. Then put a light colour in the middle then blend it all and only hight the a timy bit below your eyebrow and highlight in the corner of your eye and put the mid shade on the bottom of your eyes but thin. 
    So some youtubers say anyway

I dunno of you can tell thats what ive tried to do. 

You’re a beaut I love it xox
    Shaunie
    This was my NYE makeup :) 

ShaunieThePigeons
    Random one 

Shaunie
    Aw thank you jelly. <3
    You look so pretty and i love you hair!! 
    Jellyelephant

Think i might be getting a tiny bit better at doing my eyeshadow now lol and contour and highlight

And cause ive been putting black liner on my top lid before my eyelashes of that makes sense cause suppose to but didnt know ah. But it keeps moving onto my bottom eye lid????

Jellyelephant
    edited February 7
    You know the line before your eyelashes start , that youre meant to put eyeliner on, what do people use? It keep going to my bottom eye. 

And does any use a lip liner thats good and one shade darker than natural lips ?
    Shaunie said:
    You know the line before your eyelashes start , that youre meant to put eyeliner on, what do people use? It keep going to my bottom eye. 

And does any use a lip liner thats good and one shade darker than natural lips ?
    do you mean on your eyelid eyelashes? lol so hard to explain isnt it ... if you mean on ur eyelid personally i always do eyeshadow first, then mascara, then eyeliner. I use bourjois liner feutre ... i prefer the liquid eyeliners that come in a pen shape like this 

Shaunie
    Absolutely amazing looks everyone! I love makeup myself, so this thread is really inspiring! 
    Not from today - top one looks weird but I was trying to close my eyes a bit so you can see the colour but just looks like am drunk lol

ShaunieSalix_alba_2019
    I know this might look like the same as all my other make up. But lol its not. Basicaly just realise i only like matt eye shadow and not the shimer ones. Cause the shimmer ones apperently make eyes look smaller but cant tell much difference. And ive got a more pinker colour on

probably cant even tell ive cut my hair causs o didn't do it straight  lol and i think ive cut it wrong cause looks longer at the front but yeah need to get my sister to cut it straigjt but she wont cause she thinks shorter hair makes you look lesiban but yeah not even lesbian and i do what i want with my hair lol. Always do her hair and those clips apparently dont suit me lol but i still wear it. 

We should have a thread on hair suggestions. like doing my hair differently and cutting it myself ahh

And then this one was how bard yesterday's one was lol
    Proper Patchy. I don’t know why sometimes is harder to blend I Look so white as well ah

Ive just learnt how to make your lips look bigger by over lining only the top part of your lips. But has to be the right colour to make it look like its part of your lips. Like one shade darker than you lips than blend it in. And have done it and i swear i hardly overlined and it makes my lips look so much better cause it makes the top bit look a tiny bit bigger. But not letting me post
    lol ignore me. Think the whole idea of a lip liner is to make lips look bigger just never used lip liner before
    Love these makeup looks everyone! So creative! 
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,163 Community Veteran
    edited February 20
    Definitely do not do what happened to me! My friend asked if she could put some makeup on me so I said yes. Didn't realise that it would end up like this. It looks more like a mud pack but it is supposed to be colour blending  (lots of eyeshadow in different colours and also some blush in different colours. It is too creepy for me to show a photo. And it is an ultimate fail. But it was hilarious.
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    Feeling colourful today lol I wish my camera showed the colours better sigh aha

mermaid vibes

Jade09
    Went out Friday night and was quite happy with my makeup so thought I’d share x

Jade09ThePigeonsShaunie
    edited March 5
    You know when people say "no harsh lines" ect for eye shadow....

does this count as being a harsh line? Can be honest if dont want me going round looking like a twat lol. Its my todays make up and going to out like it anyway lol but still. Im guessing suppose to blend more? But everytime i blend feels like it vanashes lol

ThePigeons
    Shaunie said:

does this count as being a harsh line? Can be honest if dont want me going round looking like a twat lol. Its my todays make up and going to out like it anyway lol but still. Im guessing suppose to blend more? But everytime i blend feels like it vanashes lol

Lol never mind. I don’t know why need to follow the rules of like no harsh lines lol. Ill just do what i like for once 🙂
  • Evelyn360Evelyn360 Posts: 81 Budding Regular
    @Shaunie your skin is absolutely Flawless. I'm so jealous. And I think you've blended really well, I always worry about harsh lines when I wear eyeshadow
    Shaunie said:

Salix_alba_2019Shaunie
    Thanks Evelyn. I wish my skin looked nice without Make up. lol.  But i shaved my face lol and I'm Pretty sure it even out my skin tone over my whole face and made look smoother