Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Psychiatrist?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hav a serious problem and i dont know what to do about it. I feel so sad and alone even though i hav loadsa friends and evrything. I hate evrything about myself even though my mates would tell u i am a nice person and pretty. I cant see it, i look in the mirror and i feel sick. I think of my life and i want to cry. I feel so down, like ive fallen down a hole. i can honestly say i hav never felt so bad. I just dont know what to do anymore. All i seem to do is be living a lie, evryday i put on a false smile (i hav to otherwise i would just crack and then cry all the time). Iv tried talking to my friends but they all think im mad and they dont think it is anything serious because i smile. The more i smile the deeper the problems go though, its like im trying to fool evryone and myself. Iv lost the real me in putting up this pretense, i dont know who i am anymore. I feel like and im drowning and i dont know which way to turn. Please tell me how to deal with this.
lufc_babe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if your feeling this down then its an idea to see a counseller or get some kind of professional help. is there any particular reason that you feel like this? i used to hate everything about myself and feel really down but i sonehow pulled through. just think of the good things about you, everyone has faults, noones perfect, but everyone also has good points. focus on these rather than the down sides of life. try speaking to your mates again, tell them how you feel and make them realise how bad you really feel, they could help you cos they'll know how to cheer you up cos there your mates. its also easier to get things out in the open, rather than than keep it all inside.
    youre suffering from depression, i think you should make an appointment to see your doctor who could refer you to a counsellor and possibly prescribe you some anti depressents to get you through this if thats what you want.

hope you feel better soon
    Can people posting replies on the Health board NOT make a diagnosis please. That is the job of a doctor or other qualified health professional, and an amateur diagnosis can often be very dangerous and do more harm than good.

Lufc, the best thing you can do is make an appointment to talk to your GP. If you're feeling a bit shy, you could print this page off and show it to her or him, or you could just write down how you feel. Then your GP will be able to decide what's wrong, and put you in touch with the right people.
    Sorry to butt in like this, but it's raised a question i have. Is it possible to get in contact with counsellor without having to talk to your doctor because mine is very close to the family i really wouldn't want to talk to him about it.
    Hi Tim, it is possible - you could try a different GP at the practice. Also, call NHS Direct for more advice (pick Helplines from the Info drop-down menu at the top of the page).