Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The people

LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
Trying to block out the people inside of me is so hard. Things that they are saying. Right shoulder means yes and left shoulder means no. It uses my ribs to tell me if it is the truth or a lie. It uses my breasts to tell me to rest and it uses my leg to tell me to hurt myself. It likes to ryhme things with my body parts. 

Comments

• LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    Me and my friend refer to our "voices" as people. I didnt think I'de meet another person who calls them people aswell. I get annoyed when people call them voices especially people who know I refer to them as people. I believe us who have people within us then our people can communicate with other peoples people. 

If you don't have people then they cannot communicate. Like for example my friend cant find something and my people knew that her people was saying I have used it so I asked her if they was saying that and she said they were. How powerful is that our people can hear eachother and sending telepathic messages to eachother! 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey @Lubna do your team know about these people? some things that help me are repeating everything they say out load, so it doesn't feel so trapped. I know how hard this is and you are not alone <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Hey Bubbles!

Yeah my team know about the people. I saw my cpn on Thursday last week and she was surprised at how well I am doing without an antipsychotic. I can't repeat everything they say out loud because sometimes it's harmful to other people so I'de hurt them and I don't want to hurt anyone.
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @Lubna :heart:

Just wanted to pop on to offer you some hugs and let you know we are here for you. 

How are you doing? 

I've moved this thread over to our health and well-being section on the boards as it's more suited there. :heart:

Sending hugs! 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Lubna

You did well to share how you are feeling, and I'm so glad you did. you deserve to be supported :heart: It's good to hear you team know about the voices. Are you feeling supported by them? :smile:

I have read something on Childline's website before that I thought might be helpful. They suggest asking yourself these questions as a way of grounding yourself again. Their idea is that focusing on those questions and the present might distract you from the voices and help you to feel grounded. I'll share the questions and the article here, just incase they help:

1. Where am I?
    2. What is today?
    3. What is the date?
    4. What is the month?
    5. What is the year?
    6. How old am I?
    7. What season is it?

Sending you lots of hug and support - we are always here if you want to chat! :heart:
    Been scrubbing my body for an hour they decided to write kill yourself all over my body this evening. Every time I scrubbed one off they wrote it again😭😭 I don't know which is worser being told to kill myself or reading it from them on my body. I think I'm going to have a good night sleep now though because I've cried so much my eyes feel really tiery now🥺 I've had enough for one day anyway! Just wana go to sleep fast! I am fuming with them😡
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Lubna

I know you posted this a few days ago now, but I just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? It sounds quite scary for you to have to deal with that. We are here for you :heart:

Did you manage to get some sleep? 

You don't need to go through this alone, we care about you :heart:

Do reach out for support if you need it. 

Sending hugs :heart::smile:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    It was one of most scariest things that have happened to me so I hope it dosent happen again. I've seen images and writting on the walls and been told to kill myself but never written on my body but I am doing a bit better now.

Wednesday and Thursday night I had broken sleep until 5am then didnt go back to sleep but lastnight although my sleep was still broken I slept in until 8am this morning horaaaah!
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sorry to hear that @Lubna - It does sound rather worrying for you, I'm glad to hear that you are doing a bit better now, that's positive :heart:

Glad you managed to get some sleep in the end :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @Lubna

How are you doing? Just wanted to pop on and send you some hugs :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Feeling great atm😀 maybe too great😂 a big crash always comes after feeling great...so I'm waiting for it.
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Lubna

It's positive that you are feeling better at the moment, remember we are here if when/if you need us!  <3

How have things been today?  :)
    Things have been okay today apart from just. I was doing fine. My friend told that I am going to be picked up by a limo to take me to 'hot mansion' is it wierd that I am excited but also nervous!!