Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Suggest makeup looks?

Comments

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Lolllllllll
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Party makeup - gonna for a kinda bronze look
    Today’s look. It’s a bit more purple in reality but my cameras not the best

Type your comment

i don’t know why this is on a different post lol
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    As if I have just done this eye look for college, how did I find the effort 😂💓 pink pink pink! X
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2019
    Love your make up @Butterfly23 ! <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Thank you @Shaunie! Just wish I had decent eyebrows aha x
    Latest 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Latest 
    Your eye make up is on point! Stunning 💜
    GreenTea said:
    Latest 
    Your eye make up is on point! Stunning 💜
    Aw thank you xx
    Tried to do pink eye shadow. Today. Was just about to post. But deleted it. feeling too self concious. Lol. Also been trying to copy you jelly lol. Idek how you do it like that ahah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Pretty @shaunie!! 
    Hate everything about this photo but my eyeshadow was okay today so we can look past everything else  😊🙌
    Thats such a nice eye shadow colour! @Butterfly23
    Thank you @Shaunie
    Bright and colourful
    sunset eyes lol 

It was a bit embarrassing though because I was in a cafe with my grandparents and the woman serving us was like where did you get your makeup done? And I was like oh I did it myself and she was like it looks like you had it done professionally... I was like ummm thanks I didn’t ok stop looking at me now lol am embarrassed 
    Omg that is so nice Jelly!!!

im gunna try again today & post, if i ever can be bothered to move out of bed
    Omg i swear i give up lol. I look like ive got punch or ive two massive rashes on my eyes or mud  😂😂😂😭

this is one of my Morphe ones. I dont get how you choose which eye colours can blend well together ?

Today’s look. Shaunie I’ll write about colours when I’m home (just at cinema lol) 
    Just to show the colours better 

You still at the cinema Jelly? Lol
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Lol. Maybe Jelly just completely forgot to reply. Or she is asleep.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Shaunie said:
    Omg I’m so sorry lol I got overwhelmed with anxiety and fell asleep haha. My bad. 

Ok so colours: I have built up the amount of different colours I have now, my favourite eyeshadows currently are the revolution palettes from Superdrug. They are beautiful and only £10. I have 6 haha. 

I tend to work out what the main colour scheme I want to use first... so I might decide I want a bronze look or a colourful look or pinks or whatever. Sometimes I look on Instagram etc for inspiration and copy other people’s looks. What you want is for the crease and above to be a bit like a shadow or glow kinda thing. So with your palette shaunie one look I would do is I would take the colour one to the right and one up from the bottom left. You want to put it along the crease and blend it lots, I tend to use a blending brush and basically do lots of small circles with it to blend the colour. Then I’d use the top right colour on my lid and make sure you put either an eyeshadow primer or concealer on ur lid first to make the colour show up better. Then I’d take the colour on the right of the crease colour you used and blend it into the outer side of your eye. 

It can be hard to get the right colours, it’s a lot of trial and error and the more you do it the more you realise what looks nice on yourself. I also tend to swatch the colours I’m thinking of using on my hand next to each other so I can see what will go better together.

hope this helps a bit lol
    Not makeup but I thought I’d post my hair do for the day lol. I basically did a Dutch braid right down the side of my head and then put a messy low bun at the back of my head. I do wish it was a bit neater but I’ve just had my acrylic nails put back on for first time in a while and it’s hard to plait with the nails on haha
    I dont think it makes any difference to whether you use a cheap make up brush compared to branded one/more expensive ?
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear

This is a makeup practice I did a couple of years ago 🧡
    Was feeling a bit extra today so here ya go rainbow eyes 

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I won some makeup at school yesterday. I might try some on and get a photo  (usually very camera shy.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous