Home Anything Goes
Fill out our Discussion Boards user survey for a chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!

Confetti Cannon Suggestions [MEGATHREAD]

Comments

• Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,163 Community Veteran
    The Mix said:
    Thank you for the lovely idea @Kasa2103 I've updated our schedule. We might do a New Years Eve/ New Years one on the 31st-1st. What does everyone think of that idea? 
    Thank you for doing that. That sounds like a good idea. So how about Kwanzaa for 27th December to 30th December and then New Years Eve/Day on 31st December and 1st January? Good way to negotiate. ;)
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    Aife
    The Mix said:
    Thank you for the lovely idea @Kasa2103 I've updated our schedule. We might do a New Years Eve/ New Years one on the 31st-1st. What does everyone think of that idea? 
    Oh and you forgot to put down what event it is for with my one.
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    Aife said:
    Hope you all like colours today for Breast Cancer Awareness Month <3
    They are amazing. I was at risk of breast cancer when I was about 8 years old but that is to be explained on a different thread.
    Aife
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 2,207 Moderator
    @Kasa2103 thank you I didn't even notice haa! I've added your one in now :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Thank you for doing that. Haha its okay. Still need a coffee I guess?
    Aife
    Kasa2103 said:
    Aife said:
    Thank you for doing that. Haha its okay. Still need a coffee I guess?

Yes I need lots of coffee! Although I'm not a coffee fan haa! 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Kasa2103
    Is it too early to put a suggestion in for January?
    If it is not too early then on 25th January I would like to suggest red and gold  (or yellow if gold is not possible) for Chinese New Year (the official day according to Google and some other websites.)
    Aife
    edited October 2019
    This is a lovely idea @Kasa2103 thank you! I'll add it to our schedule :) 

I've just changed the confetti cannon for Halloween! I hope you all like the colours and pumpkin emoji! 🎃

November (full)

7th - National Cancer Awareness Day
    11th - Armistice Day
    21st - Carers Rights Day
    25th - International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women

December

10th December - Human Rights Day
    16th-26th December - Christmas colours 
    27th December-31st December - Kwanzaa

January

31st-5th January - New Year's Eve/ New Years
    25th January - Chinese New Year

----

Keep posting your suggestions! :star:
    Kasa2103
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m ✨dead✨ England 🏠Posts: 10,967 An Original Mixlorian
    I know you said november is full. But what about remberance day?
    𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,494 Boards Champion
    edited October 2019
    November (full)
    7th - National Cancer Awareness Day
    11th - Armistice Day
    21st - Carers Rights Day
    25th - International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women

@Shaunie it's Armistice Day  :)
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
    GreenTea
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m ✨dead✨ England 🏠Posts: 10,967 An Original Mixlorian
    edited November 2019
    Ah oh sorry. Totally missed that. was only looking for remeberance word lol
    𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,535 Community Veteran
    edited November 2019
    LOVE the confetti canon for today 😊 

Edit: shouldn't the confetti be white? (If that's possible) as it's also known as white ribbon Day.. 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    The Mix
    January 30th ... young carers awareness day 😊 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    The Mix
    Thanks @BubblesGoesBoo! I'm a day early but I won't be in tomorrow so I've changed it today. Great idea about the colours for today. I've changed it to purple and white :) 

Great idea! We'll be sure to add this onto our schedule for January :) 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,463 Boards Guru
    Aife said:
    Thanks @BubblesGoesBoo! I'm a day early but I won't be in tomorrow so I've changed it today. Great idea about the colours for today. I've changed it to purple and white :) 

Great idea! We'll be sure to add this onto our schedule for January :) 
    @Aife can it be purple again pleeaaasseeee for YCAD :)
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Of course!! I'll send your colours to the team so they are ready to change it for YCAD next year :)

Aife said:

Of course!! I'll send your colours to the team so they are ready to change it for YCAD next year :)

YAYYYYYY PURPLE !!
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited November 2019
    Is it me or does the confetti seems to be falling really fast ? 
    Hope you like the confetti! <3

I think there's a few tech issues with the boards at the moment! We'll look into it  :) 
    Aife said
    I think there's a few tech issues with the boards at the moment! We'll look into it  :) 

Kasa2103JellyelephantPoppyBMikeAife
    Sexual abuse and sexual violence awareness week 3rd - 9th February 
    Mike
  • MikeMike Screen addict 🎮 LondonPosts: 2,790 Community Manager
    Thanks gang! Sorry it's been a while since we checked in here. :)

So far, January and February look like this:

January
    30th: Young Carer's Awareness Day

February
    3rd-9th: Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week

Chinese New Year slipped past us - sorry about that!

Keep the suggestions coming. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    3rd March-8th March is World Orphan Week. I learnt about it today in assembly when the deputy head was going on about SOS Children's Village.
    Aidan
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling DurhamPosts: 447 Moderator
    There's World Cancer Day on the 4th of February, and of course International Women's Day on the 8th of March :3
    Aidan
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,494 Boards Champion
    1st March- SIAD

Self-injury awareness day

Orange and purple
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 8,447 Legendary Poster
    We missed national hug Day on the 21st :(

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

Down Syndrome Awareness Day on 21st March (aka my birthday.) And yes I am telling the truth. Not just trying to get confetti for my birthday.
    Thanks guys!

Here's an updated list of ones we've done and are currently planning to do. :)

January
    30th: Young Carer's Awareness Day

February
    3rd-9th: Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week

March
    1st: Self-Injury Awareness Day
    3rd-8th: World Orphan Week
    8th: International Women's Day

We were hoping to do World Cancer Day as well but unfortunately a few technical things stopped us from changing the cannon until now - so we decided to go straight for SASVAW. :)
    Looks like I broke the button... I'll fix that tomorrow but it does work if you click on the tiny rectangle!

httpsigiphycommediag79am6uuZJKScgiphywebp