Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mistakes

Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
What are things you've gotten wrong before, however major or minor? There's no need to share if you'd rather not of course. I find it comforting to hear. I feel like I'm a bad person and knowing that I'm not the only one who feels guilty, like they can't do anything right, or has messed up helps a little. And if you need to get anything off your chest I'm listening <3

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    edited November 2019
    Minor one, but just made mam a tea and forgot to put the teabag in 🙈 she didn't realize til she went to drink it and it was just hot water 🤷 the mug was black so couldn't see the colour 😂 

I've got many more to add soon, but just about to make mam another tea 😂 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Minor one, but just made mam a tea and forgot to put the teabag in 🙈 she didn't realize til she went to drink it and it was just hot water 🤷 the mug was black so couldn't see the colour 😂 

I've got many more to add soon, but just about to make mam another tea 😂 
    :joy:
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kathleen07, great thread! I have so many to add here but I'll give you three for now :D

I'll start with alcohol... I used to go on nights out, drink way too much and do things like walk home in the dark on my own. Really makes me cringe & quite ashamed looking back at how invincible I thought I was. 

And trusting the most un-trustworthy people! I always want to see the best in people which can blind me to obvious lies... Like when an [ex] boyfriend was texting another girl while he was with me and said she was 'just a friend'. I didn't ask any questions!!

I also once sent a Skype message at work bitching about a colleague... To that colleague. FACEPALM!!! 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Great thread idea @Kathleen07 it's refreshing to acknowledge that we are all human and we all make mistakes and none of us are perfect :)

@Lucy307 I used to be just the same with alcohol - I'm honestly amazed that I came out of some of those situations unscathed...!!

In my first week of my new job, I sat in a meeting for 20 minutes feeling very confused about what they were talking about before I realised I was meant to be in the meeting in the room next door!
    Thank you guys for sharing, it honestly helps and it's pretty entertaining too!

Most of the ones I've made are more serious and miserable than funny. But I do remember one that was good: Me and my gran accidentally stole mince pies once. They were being sold on the counter and my gran put a pack in the bag, mistaking them for something I was buying, whereas I thought she was buying them. Then we get home and we're like, oh shit :joy:
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I have a serious mistake. When i was in school and a friend told me she thinks shes bi sexual. I asked her if shes doing it for attention. I still think about it and still feel bad. Thankfully i domt think she took it too seriously. & i still speak to her sometimes. But it feel like something thats always in back of my mind that i randomly think about and feel guilty for 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    This is a great idea @Kathleen07 definitely helps remind people that they are human and we all make mistakes.
    A smaller mistake I made recently was at work, our office gets cold in the winter so I plugged in one of their space heaters into the extension lead with the computers and accidentally blew the power to the three screens attached. It was fine but my colleague had to reset them all for a few hours. Definitely a whoops moment in my second week there.
    Bigger mistakes I've made generally are trusting people I know I shouldn't or being in the situation I is wrong but doing it anyway because I wanted to and is still something I'm working on.
    @Shaunie it's understandable to feel guilty about it but you've acknowledged that it was a mistake and took responsibility for it. 

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I on many times on in high school would walk into the wrong classroom sit downs and wouldn’t realise until halfway through the lesson that I was in the wrong room 😂

also at my young carers meeting me and my friend have a habit of taking and hidying each other’s phones so ones I did it and hid it it my pocket turns out it was our guest speakers phone as when she went to leave she said had anyone Seen my phone 🤣😭🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Aww @Shaunie, you shouldn't feel guilty. I used to physically hurt my family all the time some years ago because I was angry and felt like I needed to do it to be heard. When I first got my guinea pigs I was sort of neglectful to them in some ways. I purposefully let my dog Dougal escape the house when I was a little kid to express my frustration. I could go on. Your actions aren't who you are <3

@Aidan if only I was there to witness it!