Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

See you soon ❤

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited November 2019 in General Chat
Hey everyone,

I've been finding this post incredibly hard to write because The Mix has been a big part of my life for almost four years now. I’m going to be moving on from my role here and starting a new chapter in my life. This won’t be goodbye forever though, we always say in our team that when you leave The Mix, you never really leave. Although I won’t be part of the staff team anymore, I’m going to join our volunteer team and continue helping to moderate chats. So this isn’t a goodbye, it’s a see you soon <3

I feel really lucky to have had the opportunity to work here and I’ve had the best time. I’ve never been in a job where I’ve enjoyed coming in every single day and that’s because of you all. Your bravery and strength inspires me every day and I’ve loved following your journeys and doing my best to support you along the way. You were so welcoming right from the start and instantly made me feel like part of The Mix family. I can’t thank you enough for your kindness. You’ve all been a big part of my life which I’ll never forget.

I’m so proud of our community and where the boards and group chats are right now. We’ve done so many great things over the last few years and some of my highlights have been working on the Young Carers project, creating a new Super Mod role, moving to a new forum and chat software (who remembers the chat ghost?!), starting the weekly challenges, the community newsletters and most importantly listening to your ideas to create new spaces such as the Positivity Corner! Oh and I can’t forget the confetti cannon!

The care and compassion you have for each other is like nothing I’ve seen before. You might not always know it, but each of you have made a huge difference to so many people here and your support really does go a long way. I also want to acknowledge how brave you’ve all been to reach out for support. I’ve always admired your courage and I want you to keep reaching out for help even if it feels scary. I know it can feel difficult sometimes, but please know you’re never alone and this can get better. There will always be someone there to listen and support you through anything you’re going through.

I have to give a shout out to the most amazing team @Mike, @Ed_, @Italia and our volunteers who care so much about you. They’ve been the best team to work with and have taught me so much. I know you’re going to be safe with them running the community and they‘re going to continue doing great work here.

My last day will be on Thursday 28th November so we still have a bit of time before I leave the team officially <3

Keep being brave and fighting through those difficult days. I’m so proud of you all. :) 

Speak very soon xxx
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by Aife on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    But but but aifeee you cant leave , don’t tell the others but your my favourite shhh ;) 

Its been a privilege to get to know you and I hope your new adventures take you to new places! 

Me and louie send you lots of love and support as you move on ❤️
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    First of all, I can understand that this has been hard to write so well done.  <3

But omg no this must be a nightmare or an early April fools prank. :( Is it? Out of anyone who I thought would leave I never knew it would be you.

4 years is a really long time. I would have been 9 years old- way too young for an account on here. 

At least you are not completely leaving. Thank goodness you are going to be volunteering instead of us never seeing you again and that it is a see you soon. You are incredibly brave to finally write this. I will be hard to forget, won't I? 

You have always been amazing even if sometimes I think of the mods as annoying people. Thank you for everything you have done.  You are sort of the backbone of the community with everything you have done. You should become a dame (okay okay maybe that is not possible.) 

See you soon! 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
     :'( 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Don’t do this to us  :'(
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Omg no😭. We love you Aife <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well this is shit.

Don't leave us! :( Sad times
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    We will miss you on the boards Aife 🧡
    Aifeee im still sad. Will you ever come back to the boards?. I think i remember in chat you said its the best job youve had & everyones lovely so i thought you wont be leaving yet. I hope whatever you go on to do next - you enjoy just as much <3 xxx
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I’m so sad too I don’t want you to go aife we love you working here 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    :heart:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    I’m still sadddddd. Pls stayyyyyy 
    I still feel sad too. The Mix will not be the same without Aife.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Will miss you :heart: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    ^^ We will  <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Can we petition to keep you?
    GreenTea said:
    Can we petition to keep you?
    Great idea. 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey Aife,

Thank you so much for all you've done during your time here, we all really appreciate all the work you put into making this a comfortable space for the community. Wish you the best for the future, and looking forward to still seeing you on the forums on the volunteer team going forward!x
    No problem. You deserve it. Posting these sorts of things are really hard. 
  • NatalieMTNatalieMT Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    edited November 2019
    😪 I don’t do crying but fighting with it, quite literally you’ve supported me so much, you’ve done a lot for me, including with counselling.
    I struggle a lot with opening up, in these struggles you’ve helped me find my voice back.
    You have supported me more than anyone here. You’ve made me feel very safe, I’ve been able to tell you anything. 
    Thank you for everything ❤️ Good luck with everything & take care everyone also from me xx 
    Aife said:
    Thank you so much for your love and support everyone <3. I keep reading back on all of your comments and it means so much to me hearing your kind words. I care about you all very much and I'm going to miss you all so much. <3 xxx
    :'( youve got just over a week left :'( so ive came to give you more love and support lol.  

i feel sad for Mike Ed and Italia too, now they dont get to work with you. Will you ever pop back onto the boards or only chats?  I will look forward to seeing you in chats though, i do anyway lol

I realllyy hope you know how much youve helped me and others. <3 by just listening and geunie care helps even just hold on for one more day and giving that bit of hope. & i really hope you give yourself the same kindness towards yourself <3 & youve maybe read that i say some people who support me- i wish theyd be my friend cause theyre so nice but most likely not allowed lol - youd def be in that category ha

I havent even meet you in real life & you still have just such a caring, gentle and kind vibe. Whatever you do next they will be Very lucky to have you and know you too <3

i will miss you so much on here. Take lots of care Aife <3 xxx
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I'm going to really miss you <3 I don't have much to add that hasn't been said already, but you've had a really positive impact on my time on the boards. I wish you great luck with your new chapter in life.

Thank you for all your help because it's meant a lot to me and everyone <3
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    (Not a threat 🙈) Just a friendly warning for any other mods deciding to leave 🙃😂 

Aife, you're gonna be missed dude! You say our bravery and strength you admire, but we wouldn't have that without you! You're such a supportive and caring person and whatever you decide to do next, well they're lucky! You've helped me through some of my darkest times, and with the help of you and the mix I'm starting to see the light again, you are part of the mix family, and I know you'll always be rooting for us, just like we are for you 😊 I suck at goodbyes, but thankfully this is just a 'see you soon', so see you soon!  <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SandyDaze12SandyDaze12 Posts: 10 Settling in
    Nuuuu I just joined and you’re leaving?
    but you’re the best one (even if I’ve only been here for 10 minutes)! 
    Regardless, good luck with your new position as chat mod. We’ll miss you Aife!
    - Sandy
    I'm just doing my best, dammit! Is that good enough for you?
    ...Will it ever be good enough for you?
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Thank you very much everyone! I keep saying this but all of your comments really do mean so much to me. I'm going to always read them back because they are just so nice. Someone reminded me of this Winnie the Pooh quote the other day and it's so true, I really do feel lucky to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. I'm going to miss you all very much <3

I'm going to be in Support Chat for the last 10 minutes this evening so we can say 'see you soon' properly. I hope to see a few of you there :)

----

@Millie2787 It's been lovely getting to know you too! I'm going to miss seeing Louie photos on the boards, they would always bring a smile to us in the office! Keep raising awareness of Young Carers, you're doing amazing work and the world is very lucky to have a strong advocate like you.

@Kasa2103 Thank you for your kind words, you'll definitely be hard to forget! Keep being brave Kasa, you're a beautiful and kind person who deserves so much kindness. 

@Jellyelephant Sending you lots and lots of hugs. Keep fighting through those difficult days, we're all incredibly proud of you! I'm looking forward to seeing you in chats and continuing our unicorn cake chats! 

@GreenTea Your petition comment is so sweet, thank you so much. Keep being brave GreenTea! Hope to see you around and continue our Gilmore Girls chats! We'll have to get Mike to start watching it so he can pick some fun chat passwords!

@Lubna thank you so much, I'm going to miss you all too. We're all very very proud of you! Keep fighting and being brave. You're incredibly strong Lubna!

@Aidan you're very welcome! It's been really nice getting to know you and help support you during your time here. You've grown from strength to strength in all of your volunteering roles and it's been so nice to be part of your journey here. Best of luck with everything too, I hope to see you around from time to time!

@Mike thank you so much for everything! I can't quite believe I'm saying goodbye. I remember when you trained me as a chat mod when I first started volunteering! I've learned so much from you and you've been the best colleague to work with. Keep playing pranks on Ed and Italia!

@Stephanie Aww this is so sweet, thank you! It's been so nice getting to work with you! Thank you for your support to everyone here too. The Mix wouldn't be what it is without our volunteers and your hard work. Keep on the legacy of the weekly challenges! 

@Jade09 It's been lovely having you part of our volunteering team and getting to know you too. I have to say thank you for all of your amazing support to everyone here in the community. Keep going with the playlist challenges, you're doing an amazing job!

@Azziman Thank you for your lovely message, it's so kind! Best of luck with everything too and I'm looking forward to seeing you around very soon.

@NatalieMT This really means a lot to hear, thank you very much. It's really nice that you feel I've helped you find your voice again. We all care about you so much and we'll be here to support you always. There will always be someone to listen no matter what. I hope to see you in chats and continue doing my best to support everyone. 

@Shaunie Your message is so sweet, thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot to know I've helped give you and others a bit of hope to hold on for one more day. I hope to continue that as a chat mod and I'm looking forward to seeing you all there too. You might not see on the boards as much, I'll mainly be in Support Chats but we never really leave do we! 

@Kathleen07 Thank you for your lovely message, I'm really going to miss you all too. I'm really glad to hear I've had a positive impact on your time here on the boards. I remember when you first joined! Keep being brave Kathleen, you're doing so well. 

@BubblesGoesBoo this made me smile so much! Thank you really. It's so nice to know that me and The Mix have helped you through some of your darkest times. I'll definitely always be rooting for you all and look forward to continuing supporting you all through my volunteering.

@SandyDaze12 I'm so happy you've found The Mix, everyone here is so lovely! You're incredibly brave for reaching out for support and I hope we can all help you on your journey :) 

See you very soon everyone and thank you again for making my time here so enjoyable. I really can't thank you enough <3

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Still can’t belive your going at the end of the week , you was meant to stay with us forever until you grew old and grey ;) . You truely have been amazing and I won’t be there tonight I think will get too emotional 😂 but really will miss you , still can’t belive your leaving us with mike and his werid jokes and calling us “mixalorians” and Ed with his obsession with Gifs 😅 then again think about it might be a lucky escape for you 😜

one last louie photo for you ❤️

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Awww @Aife your super kind message to me is making me cry. Thank you so much. Please come back on the boards even just as a volunteer! Some final cat photos  (including Lily curled up on my feet.) Joke! That was me pretending to be a cat with the tail (I was 12 years old and that is my face coloured over.)  
    edited November 2019
    Haha @Millie2787 love your thing about "old and grey." I wish that too but not everyone can stay forever (sadly!)

Unless you are @Skive who has been on here since 2001 (was 19 years old.)

💜💜💜
    I have the number 1 way to convince Aife to stay! Put picture quotes of her favourite song. If it doesn't convince her to stay then what will? It will be impossible to forget me