Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Quotes on toilet stalls

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
So I want to see what your view is..

I was out for dinner today and needed to use the loo. So I went to the toilet and usually the back of the door is covered in graffiti with horrible messages, rude remarks and drawings ect. However this time I looked and saw this quote.
”Don’t worry it’s going to work out you are strong and beautiful.” 

I was shocked to see a message like this as it doesn’t normally happen. But it got me thinking sometimes reading a quote seems so simple but it can be really helpful and meaningful. It might just be what someone needs to lift their spirits a bit.

What would you think if someone (obviously discussed and given the go ahead) wrote inspectional quotes on the back of the door to toilet stalls. We see posters about cancer, over active bladders and other informative information. It’s not very often we see something inspirational and I think it approved it would be a nice idea to have things like this on the back of doors.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    That is a lovely message. I would love to read that, cause toilets are a massive trigger for me cause of abuse/trauma. & hardly ever use public toilets for lots of reasons. And sometimes when people get very overwhelmed they go into a toilet stall & break down so that could def help them 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley