Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Semen makes women feel good!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone having a bad day?

Hormones in Semen Shown to Make Women Feel Good
Wed Jun 26, 2:09 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Hormones in semen may help to ease female depression because women whose partners don't use condoms are less likely to feel down.

Scientists at the State University of New York suspect the mood-altering hormones are absorbed through the vagina and make women feel good but they stressed that their results are not an excuse for unprotected sex.

"I want to make it clear that we are not advocating that people abstain from using condoms," Gordon Gallup, who led the study, told New Scientist magazine on Wednesday.

"Clearly an unwanted pregnancy or a sexually transmitted disease would more than offset any advantageous psychological effects of semen," he added.

The researchers assessed the moods of 300 female students using a standard questionnaire. A score of more than 17 was considered moderately depressed.

Women whose partners never used condoms scored about eight on the test while those who never had sex without condoms scored 11.3. Women who weren't having sex at all scored about 13.5.

Depression in the students who sometimes or never used condoms was more severe the longer they went without sex.

The scientists said they looked at other factors, such as the use of oral contraceptives, frequency of sex and personality type, but found that none could account for the findings.

The magazine said the results are not a complete surprise because scientists know that semen contains several mood-altering hormones including testosterone.

"Some of these have been detected in a woman's blood within hours of exposure to semen," the magazine said.

The scientists suspect semen will have the same effect on women regardless of how they are exposed to it.

yahoo

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You offering to donate are you....!? :D
    Semen makes women feel good!

Hormones in Semen Shown to Make Women Feel Good
    Wed Jun 26, 2:09 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Hormones in semen may help to ease female depression because women whose partners don't use condoms are less likely to feel down.

Scientists at the State University of New York suspect the mood-altering hormones are absorbed through the vagina and make women feel good but they stressed that their results are not an excuse for unprotected sex.

"I want to make it clear that we are not advocating that people abstain from using condoms," Gordon Gallup, who led the study, told New Scientist magazine on Wednesday.

"Clearly an unwanted pregnancy or a sexually transmitted disease would more than offset any advantageous psychological effects of semen," he added.

The researchers assessed the moods of 300 female students using a standard questionnaire. A score of more than 17 was considered moderately depressed.

Women whose partners never used condoms scored about eight on the test while those who never had sex without condoms scored 11.3. Women who weren't having sex at all scored about 13.5.

Depression in the students who sometimes or never used condoms was more severe the longer they went without sex.

The scientists said they looked at other factors, such as the use of oral contraceptives, frequency of sex and personality type, but found that none could account for the findings.

The magazine said the results are not a complete surprise because scientists know that semen contains several mood-altering hormones including testosterone.

"Some of these have been detected in a woman's blood within hours of exposure to semen," the magazine said.

The scientists suspect semen will have the same effect on women regardless of how they are exposed to it.:D

Source.

Any comments? ( :rolleyes: )
    Semen...

We sent the same message, you in Anything goes and me in Sex...:rolleyes:

Does anyone want to see the comments people posted on my thread?
    hmmmm.... I guess this could be used just as well to advocate swallowing instead of spitting. ;P
    Again...

Balddog posted the same message in "Anything goes"... for you're information...

Do you want to see the comments people posted on his thread?
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    hmmmm.... I guess this could be used just as well to advocate swallowing instead of spitting. ;P
    I don't mind one or the other... ;):D :rolleyes:
    I'm full of Semen would Explain why I'm always happy:) :D;)

You offering to donate are you

You’re looking at a walking, talking sperm bank;) ;)
    Originally posted by RNT

Young, dumb and full of cum :p;)

Yep, But more the happier for it .:p
    Wahey :D

I'm feeling down at the mo so any donations...big or small...would be greatly appreciated... :p
    Oi Lacy, don't hog it all now! :p
    Originally posted by xxLaydee_Icexx
    Oi Lacy, don't hog it all now! :p[/QUOTE

Dont worry...i was brought up learning to share :D

So boys...looks like its orderly queue time again...
    :D
    Take a number and get to the back fo the queue! Ain't that right LacyMay2k
    Just imagine your in the queue at the delis in Tesco and there'll be no trouble... :D
    Hey You!

Hey Lacy, what song is your signature from? I swear to god I know it from somewhere, but I can't imagine where from!!!

:confused:

PS, clean out your PM inbox. I can't reply! untidy bitch! lol :)
    It from a Foxy Brown tune! I've emptied me inbox! Try now! :D
    Seaman didnt make me feel good last Friday.....................................................but credit to Ronaldhino.....................................anyone who can lob Seaman from 40 yards deserves respect...............................................
    Once again....im open to donations... :p;)
    Originally posted by LacyMay2k
    Once again....im open to donations... :p;)

Once again I'm don't mind being a walking sperm bank, if you want to make a withdrawal from me I'd be only to happy to help

Plus a little money could go a long away to Insuring my bank stays full;) :p
    LOL. Well if you want to open a few foreign accounts you might like to know that you get a free toaster oven if you sign up with me as well. =P
    I think Ill try that one the next time Im trying to pull:p

"hey babe, wanna get jiggy, it will make you feel good"

I dont think it will go down too well

Im not really that shallow. No, really:)
    I think my semen is broken cos I`m really fucking down all the time :-)