Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My boob job cont..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thought I would update my Breast Reduction story....

Ok, I went to the docs a couple of weeks ago, she was very sympathetic about my situation and referred me to a consultant in the Ashford Hospital in Middlesex and said I would probably hear from the Plastic Surgeon during the summer. Now, waiting lists, vary from county to county so you must imagine my surprise when I get a letter saying I have been referred to the PS in July! :D Very exciting news!

Research about my PS - very important, I wanted to check her out, because I have heard stories of PS' who i.e don't show any before or after pictures or didn't even examine the ladies in question. So I went to the GMC website and everything seems ok!

Then I went onto the internet just to check out if she was on the hospital website or anything, this is what I found.
A consultant surgeon is one of the finalists in the prestigious Asian Women of Achievement Awards, which have Cherie Booth as a patron.
Sunita Shrotria has been nominated for the Professional of the Year Award for her work at Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Trust in Middlesex.

She has pioneered a scarless operation for breast reconstructions for patients with breast cancer.

In addition, Shrotria has developed a new medical instrument which allows unavoidable scars to be hidden within natural skin lines.

The breast unit which she set up from scratch at Ashford Hospital has received national awards for excellence three years in a row and boasts outpatient referral waiting lists of just two weeks.

Was very impressed by this.

I also ahem please don't think I'm a traitor, joined another discussion forum for BR in the UK, and a woman living in the same area as me has asked to be transferred to this Consultant because according to her nurse friend, she is a very very good PS

So I am feeling very positive and confident about this PS, all I have to do now is meet her!

I don't know when I will have the surgery, hopefully next year, so I will have lots of recovery time.

I can't wait to be able to by ickle bras, or run without pain or have food actually drop into my lap! :D

Watch this space....

Comments

• Options
    thats sound really good go_away!!!

*is happy for you*
  • Options
    *is very jealous*
  • Options
    However, just to add I'd want mine the OTHER way round....
  • Options
    My friend had a breast reduction a few years ago and she showed me the pics of a few days after, urghhhhhh, tits by Dr. Frankenstein with all that scarring. But it fades and sahe said it was the best thing she ever did in her life coz guys speak to her face now, not her cleavage:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by RubberSkin
    guys speak to her face now, not her cleavage:D
    Do they ever??
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*

Do they ever??

No, she must be deluded.
  • Options
    My friend had a breast reduction a few years ago and she showed me the pics of a few days after, urghhhhhh, tits by Dr. Frankenstein with all that scarring. But it fades and sahe said it was the best thing she ever did in her life coz guys speak to her face now, not her cleavage:D

Ooh!!! What size was she before and what did she go down to?

*Wants to go from an F/G yes, that's right to a C* :D
  • Options
    guys speak to her face now, not her cleavage

Women have faces now? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by captain kirk
    Women have faces now? :confused:
    Shock, horror!!