Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How Old Is Too Old To Do Trick Or Treating?

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
I was wondering what age everyone thinks should be the cutoff age for doing trick or treating. My mum wouldn't let me go after 11 years old (well last year I was busy that night and my mum just bought me 2 tubs of sweets for myself- nobody came over.)
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

How Old Is Too Old To Do Trick Or Treating? 14 votes

10+
7%
BubblesGoesBoo 1 vote
11+
14%
Past UserLaine 2 votes
12+
21%
JellyelephantSienaNekolovestea 3 votes
13+
0%
14+
0%
15+
7%
Butterfly23 1 vote
16+
7%
Salix_alba_2019 1 vote
17+
0%
18+
0%
No age limit
42%
AifeJustVGreenTeachubbydumplingClaraOswaldPoppyB 6 votes

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    (Or comment if it should be even younger.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 2019
    12+
    Depends on who youre going with

you can go trick or treating if you have kids obviously and just join in lol and cause obviously need someone to come. So no age limit in that sense. But i feel like if not with anyone any younger than 12 and its like begging 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    No age limit
    It's just a bit of fun tbh. There is no age limit, go out and enjoy yourself. Great way to build relationships with the community and get to know neighbors tbh. 
    With youths labelled as thugs and all that crap, trick or treating is a positive and productive thing and just shows not all youths are bad.

12+
    I get well pissed off when teenagers come to the door by themselves begging. Lol maybe just me. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    No age limit
    I'm sure anyone would much rather teens knocking for a couple sweets, over having their houses egged and floured lol
    12+
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Like stay in and buy your own sweets. Leave the sweets to the actual kids
    No age limit
    You are classed as a child till the age of 18 :) anyone has the right to go trick or treating. I did until a late age and many actually enjoyed having conversations with us when we stopped by their houses. 
    GreenTea said:
    I'm sure anyone would much rather teens knocking for a couple sweets, over having their houses egged and floured lol
    GreenTea said:
    Haha exactly. 
    12+
    I feel sorry for the actual kids that go to house and say they have none left cause teens took them
    edited October 2019
    12+
    Ive only been trick or treating once. My parents didnt let me go at any age because they classed it as begging 😓lol. Poor kid
    Post edited by Siena on
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    No age limit
    For me my mum doesnt let me go so if you have the opportunity to, id say go for it!
    It just depends how confident you are in yourself to do it <3

p.s. me and my sis always have a secret haloween away from our mum
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

For me my mum doesnt let me go so if you have the opportunity to, id say go for it!
    It just depends how confident you are in yourself to do it <3

p.s. me and my sis always have a secret haloween away from our mum
    Haha cheeky girl! Good idea though. 
    Thank you to everyone for your opinions. I am not going trick or treating this year but I am giving sweets to any trick or treaters (lollies, haribo, milkyway and stuff like that.)
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I don't necessarily think there should be an age limit for trick or treating but it feels like once someone is working or has a decent income there's not much point to it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who stopped trick or treating once I realised I could just go to the shops the day after and buy sweets on discount. Then not only do you not have to wander from house to house all night but you can pick and choose all your favourites! :yum:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.