Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help design a chat space for Under 16's

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hi Everyone,

Exciting News!

The Mix is planning to run a fortnightly chat designed specifically for under 16's in November 2019! We want to make sure this chat space is exactly what people who are 16 and under need and would love for you to help us design it. 

We are running a co-design workshop style chat Wednesday night. It will be fun, light and provide a space for you to bring all your ideas of what a chat for under 16's should be. Its a great opportunity to have your voice heard, learn some new skills, find out what goes into designing a chat space and you may be one of the first people to gain the new participation badge on The Mix community.

If you are 16 years or under and want to share your thoughts then please sign up here!  

The Details:
Date: Wednesday 9th of October 2019
Time: 6pm-8pm
Where: Online (chatroom style) You will receive an email or PM with the chat room details and password on the day of the chat!

If you can't attend at this time, but still have ideas you would like to contribute, then let us know what you would like to see from an under 16 chat space in this thread!

Can't wait to hear what you have to say!
Italia & The Team! 
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    There use to be an under 16s chat? What happened to that?
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    There isn’t enough mods to run the chats we already have lol.... nobody under 16 really ever use to go to the under 16s chat. There would be like 1 under 16 there. I mean it’s a nice idea but I don’t personally think it’s a good use of time and resources
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    There isn’t enough mods to run the chats we already have lol.... nobody under 16 really ever use to go to the under 16s chat. There would be like 1 under 16 there. I mean it’s a nice idea but I don’t personally think it’s a good use of time and resources
    I remember them days when we actually had more listeners than we did young people turning up to chat
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Hey Everyone!

Thanks for your thoughts on the U16 chat! I know its been a while since we last talked about this, so could seem a little random. @GreenTea check out this thread which explains why we put U16 chats on hold for a while. 

As the thread above explains, we know that there is a need for the U16 space, but we want to make sure we are getting it right. So our plan is to co-design the space with people who are 16 or under so it really reflects what they need. Hopefully this will mean we see more U16's attending chats. 

@Jellyelephant one of the exciting things about this project, is it gives us some capacity to expand our moderating team. We will be training up new moderators to help run chats. 

I hope that answers all your questions, but feel free to fire away if you have any more.

Thanks
    Italia  

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey Everyone, 

Just a heads up that we have postponed this chat until next Wednesday (16th). We are also having some technical difficulties with the form which should be up and running again tomorrow. We will keep you posted!

Thanks
    Italia & The Team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited October 2019
    Postponed again! Got a message a few days ago. Sorry that nobody remembered to update. It should hopefully be on 23rd October instead. Come on under 16's! We need MORE sign ups otherwise it will probably never happen and that is tragic. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    U16's Chat Update:

We have had enough sign ups to run the under 16's co-design chat this Wednesday! If you have signed up then you will have received an email. If you want to come and have not received an email then please sign up here, we would love to have you along.

Thanks
    Italia 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Yay! Saw the email and replied to it. 😊 Thanks Italia.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous