Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Authorities

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
edited October 2019 in Home, Law & Money
Police r quite contradictory aren't they

[moved from Health & Wellbeing]
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• rachel_annrachel_ann Posts: 33 Boards Initiate
    Hey @ellie2000

In what are police quite contradictory? Have you had a bad experience with them recently? 

I hope everything is okay.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000

So that we can best support you I'm wondering if you feel comfortable talking a little more about what you mean by this? 

The police should be there to support you. It's important to speak out if you don't feel you are getting the support you deserve :heart:
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    After the sexual assault I remember being held in a room. Infront of a camera not knowing what was happening. Following things wrong friends did and they got off lightly. I couldn't answer Thier questions coz they used big words, eventually they asked me yes/no questions. That was it. Since then time isn't a issue now. It's like I'm counting down. I was playing borderlands today n I were thinking 'i don't wanna do this'  the whole life thing 
    Crazy mad insane
    Now n then or I go on FB and rant to ppl, then the police come to check on me n b helpful. Y? Police can't make up their mind
    Crazy mad insane
    I don't value life anymore
    Crazy mad insane
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000, sending hugs <3 What's going on with the police - have they let you know the next steps since you were in? I hear you that you're not valuing life, I'm really sorry to hear that. Do you want to talk about that a little more?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    Police can be odd sometimes. Funny thing is I was meeting my friends in town recently about to catch a bus as I was meeting them a police car randomly stopped and turned round (I always get anxious around them) I assumed it might of been they wanted to ask me something about a incident that happened a while back and then the opposite happened. On of the officers (which Happend to be one we knew) just came out and asked if everything was going fine and if my parents got his message and if people have stopped annoying me etc.. then randomly asked my friends name out of curiosity. He just said and then the officer left and continued their  patrol.

(it was kind of embrassed in front of my friend though)

it was pretty unexpected as this has never happened before. 
    one yr, the same yr as the sexual assault I remember police came to where I staying, they searched my pc. and b4 tht I had dodgy ppl I knew I let use it. then they took it away, I didn't tell no-one coz I didn't trust no-one. trust went in teachers n friends, I was banned from party's. police take theier time n I sunk deeper n deeper. the interview: they had a camera set up, why? and I could answer their q's so they told me to answer yes or no. do they often prey on the weak. then I had to wait :( it was torture downhill nd then splat. im off their thing now and these dayz I cant cope. Im just goin day2day frm A to B survivingn I don't enjoy life
    Crazy mad insane
    I am not a bad person, I try to get on with ppl and they're arsewholes
    Crazy mad insane
  • rachel_annrachel_ann Posts: 33 Boards Initiate

Hey @ellie2000

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through such a difficult time. Have you heard back from the police following your interview after the sexual assault? 

It’s a horrible thing you’ve been through. Are you getting any help following the incident, for example seeing a counsellor to talk to? If not, would you consider getting in contact with your local GP or a counselling service to try and get started with this?

I believe the police set a camera up to record the interview to get as much information as possible to help them with their investigation. However, it was not fair on you for the police to not explain each step to you and make an effort to make you feel comfortable during the process. 

I don’t think you are a bad person in any way. Have you considered trying to find some new people that could be better for you? Perhaps by joining a new club or society to occupy your time and meet new people could be a step in the right direction. 

You also mentioned how you “don’t enjoy life” right now. Is there anything in particular you are struggling with? There are lots of services for you to start getting help from. For example, Papyrus offer support, advice and information to people and are available from the number 0800 068 4141. 

I hope you are doing well and please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.  <3

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000

So sorry to hear about the experiences you've been through. It sounds like its been quite a confusing and overwhelming time and that's not fair - you always deserve to feel supported :heart:

You are so right in saying that you're not a bad person - we all know that you're not a bad person at all :smile: You have been through a lot and I can really see from your posts that you are so strong, so brave and very caring. No matter how anybody makes you feel, always remember that :heart:

I'd also like to echo everything @rachel_ann has said - I really hope you are getting the support you deserve. We are all here for you as well. 

Take good care x