Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Job impacting mental health majorly

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
I love my job. Or so I did. I loved the challenges I faced and how no day was the same, 
But since 4 weeks ago I've slipped into a hate for my job and a downward spiral in my mental health because of my job. 
I keep uncontrollable crying, struggling to sleep, barely able to drink Anything. I'm physically and mentally exhausted daily and I feel like it's all falling apart. I'm at a loss about what to do. I want to stay at my job and find the love again. The passion is still there but that spark has been lost 
What do I do?

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Never mind then
    Anyone please?..
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @GreenTea I just wanted to check up on you and see how you're doing.

It really sounds like you're struggling with your job at the moment and that's totally understandable, a lot of people go through similar situations. Is there anything specific about your job that's dragging down your mood so much? Feel free to talk through what's bothering you on here even if you just want to vent about it.

Have you considered trying to take a break from your job, even if only for a little while? It may be that your job itself is causing these problems and instead of forcing yourself to try and find the love again you might just need a breath of fresh air.

You also mentioned that this has been going on for some time and it might even be time to try and start looking for a new job. Of course that's a pretty big decision and I wouldn't recommend jumping straight to that but it might be something for you to consider.

Let me know what you think! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Sorry didn't get a notification for this and gave up hope of any reply. I tried to book a doctor appointment for mental health and was told by the receptionist they don't deal with mental illness, which I know they do, Iwas trying to get myself signed off for a couple weeks so I can sort my head out but that isn't happening.

I've been looking for new jobs but its difficult because I want to work in education but I don't have required years of experience yet. 
  • rachel_annrachel_ann Posts: 33 Boards Initiate

Hey @GreenTea I hope you’re doing well. 

It sounds like you are going through such a hard time right now and I’m sorry to hear about that. Is there anything specifically about your job that you have been struggling with? Or is it just the whole job in general?

Either way, if it’s causing you this many problems, it is most definitely worth taking time to work through this all. 

Have you considered taking time off from work? The workplace should take mental health seriously and be able to offer you some time off to take care of yourself which is the most important thing right now. This could give you the time to get the help you need and figure out where you would like to go from there. 

Would you consider seeking professional help? There are lots of options you could take a look at. Whether it is speaking to your GP, or a local counsellor. Papyrus is another service which offers support, advice and information. You could contact them at 0800 068 4141. 

There is also the option of talking to the people around you for help. Perhaps telling a friend or family member is the first step in the right direction to getting help.

Looking for a new job is a difficult thing, especially when you used to love your job! However, things change and its okay to move on to find something better for you if you think this is the best option. 

I hope you’re able to take the time off that you need and find the job that’s perfect for you. Please let me know how you get on and if there’s anything else I can do to help. 

I feel like you didn't read my post at all, I tried to book an appointment and was told they no longer deal with mental health so I can't get signed off..
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    You could maybe try ringing them again- cause you said you know they do? They should do. And if not you can ask who are you suppose to go to then.& they should have an answer for that. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    They did have an answer for that question.
    Oh. What was the answer?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    An answer unsuitable for my needs 
    You could maybe change gps?
    Trying to. Not exactly easy
    Of corse. Hope you can change gp & find a way
  • AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hi @GreenTea

I just wanted to check in and see how you are? 

I really hope thing have started to ease for you. We are here if you want to talk. 

<3
    Things are starting to feel better