Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Strictly come dancing!

2»

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited September 2019
    GreenTea said:
    That might not be true kasa.
    I hope it is true. My mum said that James is a hopeless dancer. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Not hopeless, that's a really negative way to see it. He probably has no experience and hasn't had enough time to get the technical side of it correct
    GreenTea said:
    Not hopeless, that's a really negative way to see it. He probably has no experience and hasn't had enough time to get the technical side of it correct
    Everyone does have their own opinion that they are entitled to so I see what you are saying.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    edited September 2019
    But You do know about James's accident in 2010 that left him with a really serious brain injury that still impacts him right?
    I feel like people are too quick to judge people based on their 2 minutes of fame on tv

He went through an insane amount of tests to even be able to participate
    GreenTea said:
    But You do know about James's accident in 2010 that left him with a really serious brain injury that still impacts him right?
    I feel like people are too quick to judge people based on their 2 minutes of fame on tv
    No I didn't know. Thank you for informing me. 
    James is getting endless hate for going on strictly, when actually he's a massive inspiration for showing that you can do things and should never give up. 
    I think it's wrong to be hating on someone when nobody knows the full backstory of his serious brain injury. 
    I hate twitter.
    What time is it? Strictly time!
    Who liked the Moana dance?
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Watching it a bit out and lollllll.  Is Katya okay😂😂 way too funny
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Which song did Katya do?
    Everyone has to admit that Alex and Neil and Dev and Dianne are the best couples. I admit I sort of have a crush on Dev. He is such an amazing dancer.
    Kasa2103 said:
    Shaunie said:
    Which song did Katya do?
    Im not sure. Shes the professional who fell over twice lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Shaunie said:
    Which song did Katya do?
    Im not sure. Shes the professional who fell over twice lol
    Oh. I just found out her and Mike  did Cha Cha Cha to It’s Raining Men by The Weather Girls from Magic Mike. Can you imagine Mike being on Strictly? Haha. Sorry @Mike Sure that you would be good. Should be partnered up with Aife for a good laugh.
    Did Dianne dance? She had a head injury yesterday after Dev dropped her
    GreenTea said:
    Did Dianne dance? She had a head injury yesterday after Dev dropped her
    Yeah she was allowed. Look at this news thing https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/newsbeat-49945244
    I know she was allowed but was curious to if she did go ahead or jot
    Yes she did.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited October 2019
    Can I just say...how incredible was Dianne and Dev's dance last night!! She is one of my favourite pros, and I love Aladdin, but it was even better than I ever expected. Can't stop watching it :smile: 

Also, I feel Amy and Karim were very undermarked! I loved their dance 
    coc0mac said:
    Can I just say...how incredible was Dianne and Dev's dance last night!! She is one of my favourite pros, and I love Aladdin, but it was even better than I ever expected. Can't stop watching it :smile: 

Also, I feel Amy and Karim were very undermarked! I loved their dance 
    Dev and Dianne were the best and I have a secret crush on Dev. Nothing can beat them. The couple that did How Far I'll Go were amazing too. I think Amy and Karim were undermarked because Craig is a grumpy old bugger. Aneeka and Kevin did the worst in my opinion. My cat loves Dev and Dianne.
    Dev and Dianne were severely underscored. I really hope that they stay. 
    edited October 2019

Post edited by Siena on
    The vote is now open!
    Dev and Dianne were sooo underscored! Nervous for the results tonight...
    I quit watching Strictly! My absolute favourite couple  (and celebrity crush) got eliminated. It is not just teenage heartbreak. They both inspired me. Especially Dev. 😭
    @Kasa2103 I totally get you - very upsetting! 

They are both doing lots of different pieces to keep on entertaining and inspiring though :smile: I was listening to Dev on the radio today, and also Dianne and Joe have a tour coming up next year :heart:

I'm still watching as even without the best couple I do think it's a great feel good show. I'm now supporting Amy and Karim - loved loved loved their dance!

But really hope you are doing okay :smile: x
    Kelvin and Oti won! 🏅 Yay!